Teachers > Nicky Hadjithoma
Nicky first discovered yoga in 2007, during an important crossroad in her life. Having been a bit of a wild child, she began seeking a new way of life. Whilst the physical benefits of the practice brought confidence, it was the calming mental shifts that kept her coming back. Over time, Nicky’s practice has given her the inner strength and resilience to deal with the complexities of life – and helped to relieve her long-suffering issues with anxiety and depression. As such, Nicky believes yoga to be the ultimate healing practice and tool for transformation. By cultivating self-awareness on the mat, she has learnt to sit comfortably with her emotions, connect to her true Self and live fully in the present.
Dedicated to the opposing yet complementary styles of Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga, as well as Mindfulness Meditation – Nicky’s practice and teaching focus on exploring and nurturing a Yin-Yang balance on the journey towards physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Nicky offers a challenging alignment-based Yang practice that focuses on the breath, whilst cultivating strength and body intelligence. Her Yin classes offer a space for introspection, as she guides students to explore their inner landscape and connect to the more subtle energetic qualities of the practice. Nicky’s goal is for students to connect to their intuitive nature and to leave class feeling more open, grounded and peaceful. Her strong nature, combined with her warmth and sensitivity, bring an empowering yet nurturing feel to her classes.
Nicky is extremely grateful to her main teachers Jo Phee, Joe Barnett and Patrick Creelman – all of whom have inspired and influenced her practice, both on and off the mat. Nicky also has the privilege to assist her Yin Yoga mentor Jo Phee (senior assistant to Paul Grilley and Sarah Powers) on various teacher trainings across Asia.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- 300-Hour Wild Lotus Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman and Rinat Perlman, 2016/2017
- 30-hour Insight Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers – The Inner Practices of Yin Yoga, 2017
- 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Myofascial Release and Spine Anatomy with Jo Phee, 2016
- 30-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Anatomy and Chinese Medicine with Jo Phee, 2015
- 200-hour The Foundation – Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman, 2015
- 200-hour Yin-Yoga Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training with Jo Phee and Joe Barnett, 2013