Teachers > Jen Kentrup
Jen Kentrup is a native New Yorker who has lived in Hong Kong since 2001 and began practising yoga in 1995. Patrick Creelman has been her primary teacher since 2010 and she continues to study closely with both Patrick and Rinat Perlman.
Jen is a 500-hr RYT whose teaching is alignment-based and reflects her training in the Anusara and Iyengar traditions. Her style aims to find the delicate balance between the rigorous precision of an alignment-based practice and the freedom and elegance of its simplicity.
Her classes explore the equilibrium of effort and ease. They are challenging, informative and grounded in her understanding of anatomy and the spiritual tradition of Yoga. She strives to have her students feel cared for, challenged and empowered in her classes. Jen believes wholeheartedly that yoga is a transformational modality with enormous potential for everyone, and it is her goal to share this with her students.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Workshop – Carrie Owerko, 2017
- WildLotus 300-hr – Patrick Creelman, 2016
- 6-day Iyengar Intensive with Faeq Biria, 2016
- Practice Intensive – Rinat Perlman, 2016
- The Heart of the Matter 3-month course – Pema Chödrön, 2016
- Yoga Anatomy – Martin Kirk, 2016
- Akhanda Yoga (100-hr) advanced assisting/sequencing – Yogrishi Vishvketu, 2016
- Practice Intensive Iyengar-based training (40 hrs) – Rinat Perlman, 2015
- Embodied Flow Training (50 hrs) – Tara Judelle, 2014
- Advanced Teacher Training (100 hrs) – Patrick Creelman, 2014
- Teacher Training (200-hr) – Ana Forrest, 2013
- Anusara Immersions 1/2/3 (150 hours) – Patrick Creelman, 2011-2013