Teachers > Judy Ng
Judy began her yoga journey in 2004, after stepping into a hot yoga class for the very first time. Since that first encounter, she has been diligently and unfailingly drawn back to the mat. Every time, she would discover a whole new experience for herself. In the beginning, her practice was mainly to keep a strong, healthy body. But after a period of regular practice, Judy discovered that yoga provided much more than physical benefits. Through asana practice, she was able to restore inner peace and balance.
Driven by her inner quest to learn more, Judy has been very fortunate to have come across many profound teachers. Her yoga journey has been greatly influenced by the teachings of: Sharon Gannon and David Life, co-founders of Jivamukti yoga, who have demonstrated and inspired her to practise yoga as a lifestyle motivated by loving kindness for all; Andrey Lappa, founder of Universal Yoga, who taught her the science and wisdom of yoga; and Edward Clark, co-founder of Tripsichore Yoga, whose unique, demanding, and artistic expression of yoga inspired her to discover her own self-expression through yoga. Judy also pays great respect to Will Lau, who has been her close teacher from the early years and has stood by her growth. She is forever grateful to all her teachers and students who continue to motivate her on this path.
Judy believes that love and compassion towards the self and others are fundamental to the practice of yoga and should eclipse perfection in the physical form of asana. She teaches yoga as an uninterrupted flow of mindfulness and concentration, synchronising each movement consciously with breath and awareness. She values the importance of individualised programmes as there is no “one size fits all” in yoga. Depending on the level of fitness, body type, flexibility, experience, health condition, personality, and mental state of each student, Judy incorporates different methods to lead students to a state of equanimity. Her teaching style is light-hearted and intentional, with clear and detailed instructions to appropriately challenge every student.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Universal Yoga Level 3, 300hrs with Andrey Lappa, July 2017
- Universal Yoga (CET) Intensive Studies 25hrs with Will Lau, December 2016
- Tripsichore (CET) Workshop 30hrs with Edward Clark, November 2016
- Tripsichore Intensive Training 200hrs with Edward Clark, June 2016
- Vikasa Yoga Teacher Training 200hrs with Kosta Miachin, July 2014
- Universal Yoga Level 2, 200hrs with Andrey Lappa, January 2014
- Universal Yoga Level 1, 100hrs with Andrey Lappa, January 2013
- Certificate of Intensive Iyengar Yoga, January 2011
- Jivamukti Yoga Immersion with Sharon Gannon and David Life, December 2011
- Hot Yoga Teacher Training 200hr with Martina Lee, October 2007
- Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training 200hrs, April 2007