Navakaraṇa Vinyāsa Immersion Workshop with Dario Calvaruso
Navakarana Vinyasa Immersion Workshop with Dario Calvaruso
Navakarana Series, Conditioning and Kinaesthetic Techniques
3 & 4 February
Asia Standard Tower
About the Workshop
This workshop comprehensively covers the most important topics of a karana-based vinyasa practice. Participants are guided from the most basic foundation into developing awareness and control of complex movements (kinaesthesia). Particular attention is given to conditioning techniques, alignment of movements, safe entry/exits from basic to advanced postures. A challenging but practical workshop for those who desire to learn or improve their vinyÄsa practice - especially the fluidity of movements, inversions and arm-balancing postures.
Day 1: 3 February (Sat)
Foundations, Series & Conditioning
9:00am - 10:30am: The essentials of a karana-based vinyÄsa
10:30am - 12:00pm: Navakarana Vinyasa Series
- Application of vital energies and movements (viniyoga)
- Kinaesthesia or awareness of movement and position of the body's limbs (karaána)
- Control and lock of pranic energies (bandha-s: mula-bandha, uddiyÄna-bandha, jalandhara-bandha)
- Attitudinal position of limbs (mudra-s)
- Active cleanses (kriya-suddhi)
- Series: trikona krama (tringle sequence), ustra krama (camel sequence) and hala krama (plough sequence)
1:00pm - 2:00 pm: Lecture on the Navakarana VinyÄsa Methodology
2:00pm - 4:00 pm: Karana VinyÄsa Conditioning
- Conditioning (flowing, pressing, jumping-through, dragging and resistance techniques)
Day 2: 4 February (Sun)
Series, Inversion & Arm-balancing
9:00am -10:30am: Navakarana Vinyasa Series
10:30am - 12:00 pm: Series breakdown, Demo and Discussion
- Series: asva krama (hourse sequence), baddhaikapÄda krama (fasten-one-leg sequence), padma sarvÄnga krama (lotus all-limbs sequence)
- Breakdown of selected vinyÄsa selected from the morning practice
1:00pm - 4:00pm Inversion and arm-balancing
- Mental conditioning
- Physical conditioning for inversion and arm-balancing
- Alignment for inversion and arm-balancing
- Entry and safe exit for inversion and arm-balancing
Navakarana Vinyasa Immersion
3 & 4 February
Total 12 hours
(Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 20% discount: HK$2,780 (ends 5 January)
(Non-Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 10% discount: HK$3,128 (ends 5 January)
Regular Price: HK$3,475
About the teacher
Terms and Conditions
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
Early-Bird 20% Discount:
- Early-Bird Discount ends 5 January 2018. Please see above for listed prices.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 5 January 2018.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Special offer from Pure Apparel:
20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food:
- $200 or $400 discount on nood food 3-Day or 6-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on workshop dates. Ask nood food staff at your workshop location for details.
- 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact any Pure Yoga studios or see reception.