Thai Massage and Partner Yoga with Ramone Bisset
The ancient healing art of Thai Massage has many similarities to Yoga, from mindful breathing to deep stretching and creating energetic harmony. Often called the ‘lazy man’s Yoga’, a good Thai Massage benefits both the practitioner and the recipient in the form of increased joint mobility (flexibility) and a more balanced nervous system (relaxation).
Always delivered with the intention of ‘Metta’ or loving kindness, Thai Massage is an excellent way to deepen relationships and learn to both give and receive compassion unconditionally.
In this workshop you will learn a basic 30-minute full-body Thai Massage sequence that you can use at home to heal and relax your friends, family or give your yoga students the best Savasana ever!
In the morning you will prepare your body for practising Thai Massage with a partner Yoga sequence. Designed to cultivate connection, build trust and gain familiarity with both delivering and receiving touch, partner Yoga is a fun way to explore your balance, boundaries and bravery!
The afternoon will be spent learning how to give and receive a basic full-body relaxation Thai Massage with a partner that will include the legs, shoulders, neck, back and head.
If you don’t have a partner, don’t worry! Please come along and you will be paired with another practitioner on the day. No prior experience of Yoga or massage is required – just an open mind and a willingness to learn and connect!
*Note: Thai Massage is experienced fully-clothed. Loose/comfortable long pants and a long-sleeved T-shirt are ideal.
Schedule & Description
This workshop is suitable for those interested in using healing touch on their partners, family or friends, and yoga teachers interested in learning how to incorporate Thai Massage techniques into their Yoga classes with hands-on assists. You will learn:
• The foundations of safe, healing hands-on connection
• Grounding techniques and how to protect and balance your own energy as a practitioner
• Basic foundational body positions for a practitioner to keep your body safe when giving Thai Massage
• A low-back releasing leg massage/stretch sequence
• A neck, upper back and shoulder release sequence
• How to give the best Savasana assist to deeply relax the body and mind
• A partner Yoga sequence that you can repeat at home or use with your students in class
And enjoy an afternoon of receiving Thai Massage!
Session 1: Introduction to Thai Massage and Partner Yoga
17 February : 10:30am – 12:00pm
Review the origins and history of Thai Massage and learn the basics of its physical and energetic benefits. Prepare the body for practising Thai Massage with meditation and Yoga. Learn the foundations of sensitive and appropriate touch, and practise connection with partner Yoga.
Session 2: Learn to give a full-body Thai Massage
17 February: 12:30pm – 4:00pm
Working with a partner you will learn to give (and receive!) a full-body Thai Massage sequence. Trading places with your partner throughout the afternoon, you will practise techniques of healing touch, assisted stretching, and correct body positioning for safety and comfort. You will leave the day with a new set of skills and a deep sense of healing, connection and relaxation!
Thai Massage and Partner Yoga
Total 2 sessions, 5.0 hours
(Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 20% discount: HK$1,584 (ends 28 January)
(Non-Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 10% discount: HK$1,782 (ends 28 January)
Regular Price: HK$1,980
About the teacher
Terms and Conditions
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
Early-Bird 20% Discount:
- Early-Bird Discount ends 28 January 2019. Please see above for listed prices.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 28 January 2019
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Special offer from Pure Apparel:
20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food:
- $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on workshop dates. Ask nood food staff at your workshop location for details.
- 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact the Starstreet Precinct studio or see reception.