Yoga for Long-Distance Runners with Dr Bryan Lau
About the Workshop
More than 80% of runners present with some form of malalignment syndrome, which results in abnormal biomechanical stresses that can compromise the body’s ability to cope with the impact forces sustained during running.
What you have to decide for the best of both worlds (performance and maintenance) is the purpose that a cross-training session is going to serve at the XT spot and for movement therapy intervention on the training calendar.
This one-day workshop includes all the knowledge and skills a runner should acquire, in order to utilise yoga as an effective cross-training session for distance running – how to improve running performance and speed up body recovery through the evidence-based yoga science logic.
Schedule & Description
5 January (Saturday) 10:00am – 12:30pm & 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Morning Session for Performance
- Running with proper biomechanics
- The science of movement
- Functional anatomy of runner’s body
- HAT with good isometric core strength
- Vinyasa sequencing for endurance, tempo and postural control
Afternoon Session for Recovery
- Runner’s knee, hamstrings/IT band/piriformis tightness
- Malalignment syndrome amongst runners
- VMO and thoracolumbar fascia strengthening
- Rebalancing the running biomechanics with aligned pelvis
- Yoga Therapy to speed up recovery and prevent injury
5 January 2019
Pure Cardholders Early-Bird 20% off discount: HK$1,120 (ends 16 December)
Non-Pure Cardholders Early-off 10% off discount: HK$1,260 (ends 16 December)
Terms and Conditions
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
Early-Bird 20% Discount:
Special offer from Pure Apparel:
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food:
To register, please contact the studio or see reception.