Teachers > William Wong
Originally from Malaysia, William graduated in Computer Science and worked in IT for about 10 years before embarking on his yoga journey. Due to a knee injury in 2004, he started the practice of yoga as a form of therapy. Since then, yoga has become an integral part of his life.
William is very grateful to have studied with his teacher Patrick Creelman in 2006 at Pure Yoga’s first ever Teacher Training in Hong Kong. It has established a solid foundation that he shares and inspires with in his teaching. In 2007 and 2010, he continued his yoga studies with Gandhar Mandlik at Yoga Vidya Gurkul, Nashik, India. It has deepened his understanding of the tradition of yoga, which has helped to advance his practice and teaching. He is also thankful to the students who continue to inspire him to teach and learn.
William’s classes can be simple yet challenging, relaxing yet engaging. He believes that all forms of yoga should be therapy for the physical and mental. Through his teachings, he hopes to cultivate better awareness in students and help them to realise their unlimited potential.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- 200-Hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, Singapore (2016)
- 500-Hour Certified Yoga Therapy Course, Singapore (2015)
- E-RYT 200 Yoga Alliance Certified (2014)
- 100-Hour Yin, Anatomy and TCM Teacher Training, True Yoga, Singapore (2013)
- 100-Hour Women and Kids Yoga Teacher Training, Pure Yoga, Singapore (2012)
- 200-Hour Advanced Yoga Studies, Yoga Vidya Gurukul, India (2010)
- 200-Hour Diploma in Yoga Studies, Yoga Vidya Gurukul, India (2007)
- 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Pure Yoga, Hong Kong (2006)