Teachers > Mayuko Matsuda
Mayuko stepped into her first yoga class in 2007 on a quest to lose weight. What started as a pursuit for health became an obsession with the physical practice of yoga and has since evolved into something much deeper. That itch to learn has led her to teachers like Kino Macgregor, Jason Crandell, Chuck Miller, David Swenson, Yogananth Andiappan, Tomasz Goetel and Jo Phee. Mayuko is extremely grateful to all of her teachers that have led her down this path, all of whom have had a huge impact on who she is today. In 2013 she left her banking job to pursue teaching full time. She continues to be a keen student and firmly believes in teaching what she practises. As her practice deepens, she finds herself content, peaceful and happier.
Mayuko shares her love for yoga with others, in the hope that yoga will benefit their lives as much as it has helped her. Having relieved her through injuries and health issues, she believes that yoga is for everyone – young or old, stiff or flexible, fit or unfit. It all starts by showing up on the mat.
Mayuko likes to encourage students to explore their own limits and capabilities. She remains nurturing and empathetic in her teachings and wants every student to feel like they CAN do yoga. She reminds her students to practise mindfulness and presence in their yoga practice.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Mindful Birth Teacher Training Yoga For Pregnancy, Birth and Baby with Michelle Papa and Dr Jean Byrne (2018)
- 21-hour CET in Restorative Yoga with Adeline Tien (2018)
- 50-hour CET in Yoga Therapy with Arun Rana (2018)
- Yoga Wheel Teacher Training with Lorena Godoy (2018)
- The Art of Assists with Kristin Khor (2018)
- Mastering the Art of Vinyasa Yoga with Jason Crandell (2017)
- The Game Changers Teacher Training with Tomasz Goetal (2015)
- Warm Vinyasa Teacher Training with Tomasz Goetal (2014)
- Bikram Yoga Posture Clinic and Workshop with Lucas Miles (2013)
- 100-hr Yin Yoga, TCM and Anatomy Teacher Training with Jo Phee (2013)
- 100-hr Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with Chuck Miller (2013)
- Yoga Anatomy Weekend with Leslie Kaminoff (2013)
- 200-hr International Yoga Training in Classical Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga with Jo Phee, Annie Carpenter, Swami Kriyatma, David Keil, Kino Macgregor and Matthew Sweeney (2012)
- Forrest Yoga Weekend Workshop with Ana Forrest (2011)
- 100-hr Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Yogananth Andiappan (2011)
- 40-hour Ashtanga Yoga Immersion with David Swenson (2011)
- 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Dev Kapil (2011)