Teachers > Yun Ng
One of the first few yoga classes that Yun took was in 2003 in a large dusty dance studio filled with dedicated yogis – including her aunt, to whom she owes her practice. The class was led by a leggy grey-haired Indian teacher with a vast knowledge in pranayama, or the practice of extension of breath. This weekly study sparked Yun’s interest in yoga and she dove straight into hot yoga the following year. She began a daily and continuous practice of Bikram, hatha and vinyasa yoga. She was blessed to have met many inspiring teachers from all over the world and this led to her first certification of yoga teaching in 2010.
Yun’s curiosity and hunger for knowledge kept her on the mat and fuels her desire to learn and evolve every single day. The teachers who have influenced her practice include those from the Anusara background like Ross Rayburn, her friend/teacher Mitzi with her playful heart and inspirational body-intelligence, and most recently Meghan Currie for her insight on slow and intuitive vinyasa movement through deep listening of the body.
Singapore, Paris, Bali, Hong Kong, Australia and Shanghai are a few of the places where Yun has practised, taught and lived yoga. She continues to bring this explorative nature to her classes, through creative sequencing, insightful alignment cues, and a mantra or two. Yun wants her students to create a seamless transition in and out of the yoga mat, using practical skills from yoga (from the sutras to a handstand) to make sense of the world around us. Yun believes that compassion and kindness are also a practice, so expect bhakti yoga with singing and chanting in some of her classes!
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 30-hr Immersion with Mathieu Bouldron, 2017
- Jivamukti Weekend Workshops with Petros Haffenrichter, 2016?
- Myofascial and Forrest Yoga Workshops with Brian Campbell, 2016
- Weekend Immersion with Meghan Currie, 2016?
- Dharma Yoga Weekend Workshops with Dharma Mittra, 2015
- Jivamukti Weekend Workshops with Sharon Gannon, 2015
- Active Meditation Facilitation Training with Amber Sawyer (Singasatsanga), 2015
- AcroYoga Elemental Immersion, 2015
- Myofascial Release with SinHee McCabe/Brain Campbell, 2014
- Sianna Sherman Advanced Teacher Training (Adjustments/Therapy), 2014
- Ashtanga Workshops with Kino McGregor / David Swenson, 2015
- Fit Flow Yoga Teacher Training with Briony/Dice (45 hrs), 2014
- Advanced/Intermediate Teacher Training with Christina Sell (45 hrs), 2014
- Self-Realization Immersion (Dharma Yoga), Andrei Ram, 2012/2013
- Anusara Tigress Practice/ Anusara Workshop, Amy Ippoliti and Desiree Rumbaugh, 2012
- Anusara Asana Intensives with Noah Maze, 2011
- Anusara Immersions with Ross Rayburn (35 hrs), 2011 and 2013
- Ana Forrest Workshop, 2011
- Reiki Healer, Level 2, 2011
- Amrita Yoga Intensives, Amritapuri (Amma's Ashram), Kerala India, 2010
- 200-hr Yoga Teaching Certificate (Ashtanga Vinyasa), 2010