Teachers > Jian Yuan
Jian Yuan started practising yoga in 2014 and soon found that while the physical practice of yoga poses certainly made him stronger and more flexible, the real value of yoga is in how the physical practice could be the basis for self-actualisation and personal development. He discovered that the lessons he learnt on the mat were applicable to his life off the mat. Yoga gradually transformed him from the inside out, making him happier, healthier and at peace with himself. Yoga also connected him with a community of like-minded individuals who have inspired him to commit to growth and to step up to new possibilities in his life.
Jian Yuan considers himself a student of yoga first and foremost, and views his continuing studies in yoga as an ongoing journey of exploration and wonder. He counts himself blessed to have received so much support, knowledge and wisdom from many teachers, including Copper Crow, Jo Phee and Ross Rayburn. He is deeply grateful to all his teachers for their patience, encouragement and moral support in his teaching journey, and for inspiring him in his practice and learning.
Jian Yuan encourages his students to explore their physical limits and the infinite possibilities of their practice with mindfulness, presence and receptiveness. His teaching comes from a nurturing and empathetic place, and his goal is always to offer supportive and encouraging classes that facilitate the connection of body and mind through the breath.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Tricara Yoga Therapeutics Continuing Education Workshop (25 hours) with Ross Rayburn, 2018
- ® Universal Yoga: Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Part 1 (100 hours) with Copper Crow, 2017
- Yin Yoga Sequencing: The Slow Flow Training (6 hours CEU) with Teresa Richard, 2017
- Yoga Therapeutics & Bodywork Foundations (12 hours CEU) with Daphne Chua, 2017
- Baptiste Institute – The Art of Assisting (15 hours CEU) with Leandra Antonutti, 2017
- Power Vinyasa Focus – Yoga Alliance Teacher Training (200 hours) with Dr Trish Rice Corley, 2017
- Wildlotus Yoga Progression (4-day workshop) with Patrick Creelman, 2017
- The Art of Adjustment (a Jivamukti-inspired workshop on how to safely assist) with Kristin Khor, 2016
- Tibetan Singing Bowls Healing Certification in Therapeutic Use with Santa Ratna Shakya & Shree Krishna Shahi, 2016
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Myofascial Release & Spine Anatomy (50 hours) with Jo Phee, 2016