Awaken Your Dormant Potential with Henry Phua
Our body is a complex system and to use it wisely and efficiently, we need to understand and establish a relationship with it. Asana practice emphasises the relationship between the awareness of the breath and the body. This helps the practitioner to enhance the clarity of the mind, breathe more effortlessly and move more efficiently. With further integration of anatomical awareness, participants will not only be able to enhance and deepen their practice to achieve stillness, but also develop a safer approach in their practice in the workshop.
This workshop will also help you to personalise your self-practice by teaching you how to subtly modify the way you engage the poses; to challenge yourself more in simple poses while learn to use your breath to let go of resistance in more challenging poses. Feel the difference as the workshop takes you on an inner exploration of your own practice
Suitable for all practitioners, especially for beginners and those who are looking to bridge the gap between Level 1 and Level 2 classes!
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Alignment techniques to activate subtle muscle groups
- Modifications of poses and the activation of different muscle groups to fit the asana to the needs of your own body
- Awareness of your own body as subtle adjustments modify the experience of the asana for every individual
- Understand the importance of breathing and bandhas in your yoga practice
Classes taught in English.
Schedule & Description
Saturday, 1 April
9:30 am – 12:30 pm (3 hours)
Exploring the work of asana
In this session, we will explore various techniques and alignment that activates specific muscle groups. Learn to feel the subtle adjustments in your own body to make the most out of your self-practice.
Feel how even the ‘simplest’ poses can feel the most challenging and how the most "challenging" poses can feel simple as we engage different muscle groups. Come experience a new perspective in your asana practice that will help you to engage more efficiently!
Sunday, 2 April
9:30 am – 12:30 pm (3 hours)
Discovering and aligning the root
In this session, we will be exploring breath work (Ujjayi) and the basics of bandha engagement. Like the missing pieces of a puzzle, the breath and bandhas are often neglected in the pursuit of the asana but should be seen as the roots of a firm practice. A balanced breathing with the activation of the bandhas work as an inner shield which protects the body.
It redistributes the mechanical stress, create length and heat in the body while calming the mind. Come experience the feeling of being grounded as we explore the roots of your practice!
Awaken the Dormant
1 – 2 April
Asia Square Tower 2
Total 6 hours
- Early-bird price 20%: S$196.88 (inclusive of GST) (DBS Card Price S$184.57) (ends 1 Mar)
- Early-bird 10% discount: S$221.49 (inclusive of GST) (DBS Card Price S$209.18) (ends 1 Mar)
- Regular price: S$246.10 (inclusive of GST)
About the teacher
Terms and Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
- Please note prices include 7% GST
Early-bird 20% discount:
- Early-bird discount ends 1 March 2017. Please see above for listed prices.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 1 March 2017.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Additional 5% discount is applicable when you charge the above transaction with any DBS credit card.
Special offer from Pure Apparel and nood food:
- 20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 20% off all nood food cold-pressed juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- These promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- These promotions can only be used for one transaction.
- These promotions are non-transferable and non-refundable.
To register, please contact AST studio or see reception.