An Inversions and Aerial Yoga Workshop (Counter Flow) with Marcus Leung
Sign up with a friend and enjoy an additional 5% off!
To register, kindly contact our studio or email to email@example.com
About Marcus Leung
Marcus first started his yoga practice in order to dance better. However, he found that yoga not only heightened his sense of physicality, but also allowed him to better connect with others. He has previously practised with Patrick Creelman, Simon Park, Briohny Smyth and Dice Iida-Klein, and continues to regularly immerse himself in the various teachings of other prominent teachers.
He has been teaching various types of yoga since 2006 and is registered as an E-RYT200 and RYT500 teacher, where his areas of interest lie strongly in Power, Flow and Yin Yoga. Besides yoga, Marcus also employs other forms of body awareness techniques that include dance, the Franklin Method, Pilates and somatic therapy to help his students deepen their understanding of yoga.
Marcus's teaching philosophy is to assist his students in developing a sense of understanding and awareness of their own body under a relaxing and comfortable environment. He now focuses more on conducting teacher trainings and workshops, and has carefully combined everything he has learnt into creating his own unique and beneficial yoga style – Counter Flow Yoga.
Qualifications & Certifications
• 300-hr Bryce Yoga Teacher Training with Briohny and Dice, Thailand, 2017
• Simon Park Liquid Flow Immersion, Crete, Greece, 2016
• Dharma Yoga Wheel Teacher Training with Dov Vargas, Taipei, 2016
• Advanced Aerial Yoga Teacher Training with Lolo Luo, Taipei, 2015
• Simon Park Liquid Flow Immersion, Sri Lanka, 2015
• Aerial Yoga Teacher Training with Lolo Luo, Taipei, 2015
• Bryce Yoga Advanced Teacher Training with Briohny and Dice, Hong Kong, 2014
• 200-hr Bryce Yoga Teacher Training with Briohny and Dice, Thailand 2014
• 200-hr Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman, Hong Kong, 2009
Workshop Schedule and Description
Aerial Flow Yoga
Part 1 : 16 Feb 2019 10:00am to 12:00pm
Part 2 : 17 Feb 2019 10:00am to 12:00pm
Using Aerial Yoga as a base and combining the concepts of Counter Flow Energy, one can expect to find steadiness and enjoyment whilst practising with the hammock. Let gravity make you stronger and more flexible, whilst enhancing your coordination and overall sense of balance. In this session, Marcus will also help you to be in tune with the present and focus on nailing the basics of Aerial yoga, instead of being fixated on how a pose or posture should look from the outside.
Heightening this awareness will improve and deepen your practice so much that you can apply this knowledge off the mat to your everyday life. You will gain a better understanding of how yoga connects the body, mind and spirit, and how individual variations in a body call for adaptations.
Suitable for all levels. Limited to 14 participants.
Counter Flow (Inversions)
Part 1 : 16 Feb 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Part 2 : 17 Feb 2:00pm to 4:00pm
The concept of Counter Flow Energy includes actions and techniques of assisting, Counter Action, Counter Pull, Counter Push, Hugging Energy, Sustainable Energy, Balancing Strength and Flexibility, as well as the effective transfer of weight during practice. In this session, participants will learn the different alignment of inversions including handstands, forearm stands and headstands. Students will also be taught the correct techniques of getting into the various inversions and the common mistakes to avoid. Leave feeling more confident and comfortable progressing into stable inversions!
Suitable for all levels.
Aerial Yoga + Inversions
Pure Cardholders: S$300 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 20 Jan) - save $75!
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$338 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 20 Jan)
Regular Pricing: S$375 (Register from 21 Jan)
Counter Flow (Inversions) or Aerial Flow Yoga Only
Pure Cardholders: S$188 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 20 Jan) - save $47!
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$212 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 20 Jan)
Regular Pricing: S$235 (Register from 21 Jan)
Terms and Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
- Please note prices include 7% GST
Early-bird 20% Discount:
- Early-bird Discount ends 20 January 2019. Please see above for listed prices.
- Payment must be made 48 hours after registration, otherwise Pure Yoga reserves the right to release your mat to the next registrant waiting-in-line.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 20 January 2019.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Pure Yoga reserves the right to cancel the training as it sees fit, without any compensation made to the registrant other than refund of payment.
Special offer from Pure Apparel and nood:
- 20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 15% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 20% off all smoothies and juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- $3.50 for any coffee or tea for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact our studio or see reception.