Iyengar Yoga Intensives with Sri H.S Arun
To register, kindly contact our studio or email to email@example.com
About Sri H.S. Arun
Sri H.S. Arun is an internationally renowned Senior Iyengar Yoga teacher from Bangalore, India, with over 40 years of experience teaching Iyengar Yoga.
He was fortunate to have received the guidance and teachings of Guruji Dr. Sri B.K.S. Iyengar, who also acknowledged that Sri Arun had a unique blend of sincerity and passion for Yoga. In 1984, Sri Arun started his own yoga institute – Prashant Yogashraya at Jayanagar, Bangalore with the blessings of B.K.S Iyengar.
Today, over 30 years later, the school continues and thousands of students flock there to practise under his guidance. One of his unique strengths is his ability to quickly assess the strengths and weaknesses of each student and masterfully guide them according to their capabilities and aspirations. He has developed his own way of sharing what he has learned from his guru and through many years of his own intensive practice.
He continues spreading his joy of Iyengar Yoga and his immense wealth of experience to students all over the world – India, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, North America , France, The Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, Spain, Croatia, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Israel, Hong Kong and Indonesia.
It is our great honour and pleasure to invite him to teach for the first time in Singapore – don't miss this chance to practise with him!
About the Workshop
The goal of the intensives is to guide students to experience Sthirta (stability of body and mind) and Sukha (serenity of the mind and intellect), which are also the very essence and purpose of practising Yoga and the asanas.
In this series of workshops, Sri H.S. Arun’s teachings will focus on the usage of various essential Iyengar Yoga props such as belts/straps, blankets, yoga chair, and blocks to bring about a holistic approach to practising Iyengar with the aim of harmonising body, mind, and soul. Students will gain an in-depth understanding of how using such props can help elevate their practice to reap even greater benefits from practising Iyengar.
Guruji Sri B.K.S Iyengar has said that practising yoga asanas without props is an Egoistic (Rajasic) approach and using it transforms you to be humble (Sattvic). It is a vehicle thatallows you to deepen the awareness into comprehensive understanding that can greatly elevate your practice.
- All Asanas Lead to Tadasana – Understanding Tadasana as the ultimate expression
- Stretching the Limit – A seamless approach from Supta Padangustasana to Supta Trivikramasana
- Open Sesame – Different ways to unwind the body and mind through backward bends
- Untwist the Twist – Numerous twists will be covered, enabling one to 'Live at Present'
- Surrender to the Sublime – Learn to release and fully surrender through forward bends
Pure Yoga teacher Bhanu will be assisting Sri Arun on these days. Students can choose to join the full programme or individual days.
Each individual day's sessions are different.
Open to all levels.
Weekday Series: 26-29 March
9:30am to 12:00pm daily
Weekend Series: 29-31 March
Friday (6:30pm to 8:30pm)
Saturday (8:30am to 11:30pm and 3:30pm to 5:30pm)
Sunday (8:30am to 11:30am)
Pure Cardholders: S$650 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 3 Mar) – save $162!
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$731 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 3 Mar)
Regular Pricing: S$812 (Register from 3 Mar)
Weekday or Weekend Series Only
26 – 29 Mar (Weekdays) or 29 – 31 Mar (Weekends)
Pure Cardholders: S$480 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 3 Mar) – save $120!
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$540 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 3 Mar)
Regular Pricing: S$600(Register from 3 Mar)
Individual Day Drop-In
Pure Cardholders: S$132 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 3 Mar) – save $33!
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$149 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 3 Mar)
Regular Pricing: S$165(Register from 3 Mar)
Terms and Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
- Please note prices include 7% GST
Early-bird 20% Discount:
- Early-bird Discount ends 3 March 2019 Please see above for listed prices.
- Payment must be made 48 hours after registration, otherwise Pure Yoga reserves the right to release your mat to the next registrant waiting-in-line.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 3 March 2019.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Pure Yoga reserves the right to cancel the training as it sees fit, without any compensation made to the registrant other than refund of payment.
Special offer from Pure Apparel and nood:
- 20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 15% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 20% off all smoothies and juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- $3.50 for any coffee or tea for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact our studio or see reception.