Hand Balancing and Flexibility Series with Miguel Sant'ana
Limited spots available - register now!
To register, kindly click on the "RSVP' button below, contact our studio or email to email@example.com
About the Workshops
1) Flexibility Series with Miguel Sant'ana (19-21 April)
Join Miguel as he shares his entire flexibility routine – you will learn how to engage/activate muscles that you have never used before to push yourself into a deeper stretch in each posture, while paying attention to the correct alignment. This series will greatly enhance your flexibility and mobility, further heightening your practice. Workshop Focus: Soft Tissue preparation, Nerve glides, Active flexibility, End of range control, PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation), Passive stretching, Core strength.
Beginners’ Flexibility Series (19 & 20 April)
In Day 1, Miguel will touch on:
- Dynamic Warm-up, Soft Tissue preparation, Shoulders, Forward bend (Paschimottanasana), Hips flexors , Front splits (Hanumanasana), Core strength
On Day 2, Miguel will focus on:
- Dynamic Warm-up, Soft Tissue preparation, Hips , Back-bend warm-ups, Pancake pose (Upavistha Konasana), Centre splits (Samakonasana), Core strength
Intermediate Flexibility Series (20 & 21 April)
In this advanced series, it’s time to get that extra push.
Day 1’s focus will be on:
- Beyond Front splits (Hanumanasana), Dynamic Warm-up, Soft Tissue with peanut or massage ball, Shoulders, Revisiting Forward bends (Paschimottanasana), Hips flexors , Core strength
Day 2’s focus shall be on:
- Centre splits and over (Samakonasana), Dynamic Warm-up, Soft Tissue with peanut or massage ball, Back-bend warm-ups, Hips , Revisiting Pancake pose (Upavistha Konasana), Revisiting Centre splits (Samakonasana) and beyond, Core strength
Pre-requisites for Intermediate Flexibility Series: Flat Front splits or close (Hanumanasana)/ Flat Pancake pose or close (Upavistha Konasana) or Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend
2) Beginner Hand Balancing with Miguel Sant'ana (21 April)
In this Beginners’ session, Miguel will teach his technique of “whole body positioning” – that is from fingers to toes, aiming to achieve a perfectly straight handstand. There will be 4 key components covered:
1) Free Handstand Positioning:
- Body Tightness
- Core Engagement and Strength
- Breathing Technique
- Inner Sight Self-Connection and Control
2) Handstand Progression:
Helping to build each student’s confidence in standing upside down. By demonstrating and reinforcing confidence from the very start, Miguel will encourage each individual with his best 3 handstand progressions until they are able to jump into a free handstand. Students who are already able to get into a free handstand will be taught alignment adjustment, entry techniques, and other basic hand balancing skills.
3) Core Strengthening Sequence:
Students will also be exposed to Miguel’s unique core strengthening exercise sequence. This section is devoted to getting the most from a strenuous core stabilisation method. The emphasis will be on the importance of using the entire body to achieve a perfect handstand. The core is the base and power of the body; therefore, maintaining a well-conditioned core is essential to achieving a stable handstand.
4) Review on Essentials:
This is the opportunity for final questions. Miguel will demonstrate and re-emphasise certain sections of the previous teachings. This is where he ensures that every student will leave feeling more confident and secure in their individual practice. Students can expect to leave empowered and ready to take their practice to the next level, all on their own.
Students keen to enrol for the hand balancing session are also highly encouraged to join the flexibility series to complement their practice.
Beginner Flexibility Series
19 & 20 April
Day 1 (Friday, 19 April)
3:30pm to 6:00pm
Day 2 (Saturday, 20 April)
1:30pm to 4:00pm
Intermediate Flexibility Series
20 & 21 April
Day 1 (Saturday, 20 April)
9:30am to 12:00pm
Day 2 (Sunday, 21 April)
1:30pm to 4:00pm
Beginner Hand Balancing with Miguel Sant'ana
21 April (Sunday)
9:00am to 12:00pm
About Miguel Sant'ana
Brazilian native Miguel Sant'ana moved to Auckland-New Zealand in 2010. His acrobatics journey started here joining a capoeira group in Auckland. In the same year, he joined Tristar Gymnastics where the passion for tumbling and acrobatics started with the help of David Bishop (NZ elite gymnastics). The sport of Capoeira has taken Miguel all around New Zealand to train and perform. In 2011, Miguel went to a capoeira event in Wellington where he met a circus professional whom introduced him to the world of hand balance. Back in Auckland, Miguel started training at hand balancing every day, on the wall at home, inspired by circus artists, where he would scrutinise videos and have Skype meeting with overseas professionals to find the technique and the strength that he needs to be in this profession.
In 2012, Miguel travelled back to Brazil to train with capoeira Master Bamba and professional tumblers (world performers) on the beaches of Salvador-BA, adding to his knowledge in these fields. Talking these new skills back to New Zealand, Miguel carried on with a stronger understanding and passion for his hand balancing training. In 2013, he was chosen out of many as a finalist for the first New Zealand "The Golden Carnie Circus Awards” where he performed with the top New Zealand circus artists at the Wellington Opera House.
Full Workshop (Hand Balancing + Flexibility Series)
Pure Cardholders: S$488 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$549 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Regular Pricing: S$610 (Register from 1 Apr)
Beginner Hand Balancing Only
Pure Cardholders: S$164 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$185 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Regular Pricing: S$205 (Register from 1 Apr)
Full Flexibility Series
Pure Cardholders: S$388 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$437 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Regular Pricing: S$485 (Register from 1 Apr)
Beginner or Intermediate Flexibility Series Only
Pure Cardholders: S$285 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Non- Pure Cardholders: S$320 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 31 Mar)
Regular Pricing: S$356 (Register from 1 Apr)
All prices are inclusive of 7 % GST.
Terms and Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
- Please note prices include 7% GST
Early-bird 20% Discount:
- Early-bird Discount ends 31 March 2019. Please see above for listed prices.
- Payment must be made 48 hours after registration, otherwise Pure Yoga reserves the right to release your mat to the next registrant waiting-in-line.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 31 March 2019.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Pure Yoga reserves the right to cancel the training as it sees fit, without any compensation made to the registrant other than refund of payment.
Special offer from Pure Apparel and nood:
- 20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 15% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 20% off all smoothies and juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- $3.50 for any coffee or tea for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact our studio or see reception.