Teachers > Nicky Hadjithoma
Nicky is an E-RYT500 with the Yoga Alliance, a registered YACEP provider, and the senior teaching assistant to leading international yin yoga teacher trainer, Jo Phee (Founder of the School of Yinspiration Yin Yoga).
Nicky first discovered yoga in 2007, during an important crossroads in her life. Having been a bit of a wild child, she began seeking a new way of life. Over time, her practice has given her the inner strength and resilience to deal with the complexities of life and helped to relieve her long-suffering issues with anxiety and depression. As such, Nicky believes yoga to be the ultimate healing practice and tool for transformation.
Informed by her studies of Western anatomy and Eastern philosophy, Nicky’s practice and teaching focus on exploring and nurturing a yin-yang balance on the journey towards physical, mental and emotional well-being. Her classes are a blend of functional alignment principles, modern meridian theory, and the art of Mindfulness Meditation. She guides students to understand their unique physicality, explore their inner landscape, and connect to the more subtle energetic qualities of the practice. Nicky’s goal is for students to cultivate the self-awareness required to help them along their own healing journeys. Her strong nature combined with her warmth and sensitivity bring an empowering yet nurturing feel to her classes.
Nicky is extremely grateful to her yin mentor Jo Phee for her ongoing influence and encouragement – as well as to her yang teacher Patrick Creelman for his constant support both on and off the mat. Having studied yin yoga for many years under the personal guidance of Jo Phee, Nicky has become Jo’s senior teaching assistant and is privileged to assist her mentor on various yin yoga teacher trainings around the world. Nicky currently teaches full-time at Pure Yoga in Hong Kong, offering workshops and trainings in various modalities of yin and yin-yang yoga.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- 65-hour Medical & Meridian Qigong, Wall Yin & Lower Arm/Leg Anatomy – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee, 2019
- Chinese Medicine, Meridian Yin and Hip Anatomy (I) – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee (65 hours), 2018
- Insight Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers – Yin/Yang Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation (100 hours), 2018
- Wild Lotus Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman and Rinat Perlman (300 hours), 2016-2017
- Insight Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers – The Inner Practices of Yin Yoga (30 hours), 2017
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Myofascial Release and Spine Anatomy with Jo Phee(50 hours), 2016
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Anatomy and Chinese Medicine with Jo Phee (30 hours), 2015
- The Foundation – Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman (200 hours), 2015
- Yin-Yoga Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training with Jo Phee and Joe Barnett (200 hours), 2013