Teachers > Tin-Ming Lau
Tin-Ming has been teaching yoga and exploring the relationship between body, breath and mind for years. He was certified as a yoga teacher in 2010 and has since spent time enthusiastically broadening and deepening his practice.
Openness, curiosity and affection are the key qualities that Tin-Ming discovered along his yogic path. He has had the good fortune to study with senior teachers Bryan Legere, Carrie Owerko and Eyal Shifroni. Inspired by their philosophical teachings as well as those from many other knowledgeable teachers, Tin-Ming is grateful to have found the effective use of props (aerial hammock, blankets, blocks, bolsters, chair, strap and wall rope) to awaken the body-mind connection in yoga asana. He believes such centring and grounding sensation can be nurtured with consistent effort.
Teaching a wide range of styles with passion and compassion, Tin-Ming’s classes are fused with fun and positivity. He empowers people of different levels to experience the relationship between discipline and playfulness during practice, and embrace their own strengths to excel.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Experiential Anatomy with Judith Hanson Lasater, Mary Richards and Lizzie Lasater, 2018
- Restorative Yoga 101: Journey Into Stillness With the Tools and Practice to Heal, Restore, and Rejuvenate with Jillian Pransky, 2018
- Iyengar 201: Access an Advance Practice with Carrie Owerko, 2017
- Iyengar 101 with Carrie Owerko, 2017
- Chair and Props for Yoga Intensive I & II with Eyal Shifroni, 2017
- Dynamic Alignment Intensive with Carrie Owerko, 2017
- Acroyoga with Marc Bauchet, 2016
- Trigger Point Therapy Level 2: Myofascial Compression Techniques, 2016
- Trigger Point Therapy Level 1: Foam Rolling: Principles and Practices, 2016
- Yoga and Ayurveda Specialist: 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training with Mas Vidal, 2015
- Aerial Yoga Teacher Training with Ariel Chen, 2015
- Flyoga Foundation Teacher Training with Isla Rosete, 2015
- Yoga Wall Level 1 Training with Bryan Legere, 2015 & 2017
- Intensive Yoga Wall Training 1 with Martin Zilbauer, 2015
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Intensive with Leza Lowitz, 2015
- Insight/ Yin Yoga Teacher Training Intensive with Sarah Powers, 2014
- Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda: 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training, 2013
- Foundation to Teach: 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman, 2010