Teachers > Shoko Ishihara
Shoko first stepped into a yoga class to add variety to her fitness regimen. As her practice developed, she experienced a multitude of changes, both mentally and physically. This compelled her to continue practising and soon, she was actively committed to her practice.
The benefits of yoga inspired Shoko to share her experience, so in 2009, she took her first teacher training course. Since then, she has undergone further training programmes, while continuing her studies of anatomy and philosophy. To this day, she still considers herself a student of yoga, and her learning remains the source of her inspiration to teach.
In all aspects of her life, Shoko values integrity and compassion. This has informed her own practice as well as her teaching, which places a clear focus on alignment. She believes that it is important to set a safe and strong foundation from which to play and have fun. Above all, she encourages students to respect their body and honour where they are on their journey.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Yoga Wall Level 2 Training Course with Bryan Legere, 2015
- Yoga Wall Level 1 Training Course with Bryan Legere, 2015
- Yoga for Cancer Care, Living Yoga Therapy with Chandrika Gibson, 2015
- Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth and Baby, Mindful Birth Teacher Training with Dr Jean Byrne and Michelle Papa (100 hours), 2015
- The Energetics of Excellence, Advanced Teacher Training Course with Patrick Creelman (100 hours), 2014
- PURE Yoga Mentorship Programme with Rinat Perlman, 2013-2014
- Next Generation Yoga, Teacher Training with Jodi Komitor, 2012
- Anusara Yoga, Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman (100 hours), 2011
- Anusara Yoga, Teachers' Intensive Course with John Friend, 2011
- Anusara Yoga, Master Immersion Course with John Friend, 2011
- Anusara Yoga, Teachers' Intensive Course with John Friend, 2010
- Anusara Yoga, Master Immersion Course, with John Friend, 2010
- Seat of the Teacher, Continuing Education Training with Patrick Creelman, 2009
- The Foundation, Teacher Training Course with Patrick Creelman (200 hours), 2009