Teachers > Lina Zapata
Originally from Colombia, Lina was first introduced to yoga while working in the US in 2001. She initially practised yoga as a way to lose weight, but as yoga became an integral part of her life, she started to understand other benefits of yoga and took an avid interest in deepening her knowledge and becoming a teacher. She taught her first class in 2004 and has been teaching full time ever since. Trained as an engineer, Lina was naturally drawn to the intricacies of biomechanics and is fascinated by the effects that proper alignment has on the body. She likes to explore how the physicality of the body can serve as a bridge to connect to the emotional and mental body. A real-life testimony to the life-changing effects of yoga, Lina has become a more accepting and balanced individual, as well as a more confident and grounded teacher.
Lina has had the fortune to study with very knowledgeable teachers like Martin Kirk, Ross Rayburn and Patrick Creelman. Through their patient teaching and generous sharing, she learned sophisticated biomechanical alignment, effective therapy procedures and precise teaching skills. This new knowledge has helped Lina to deepen her practice, heighten her body awareness and strengthen the connection between her body, her mind and her way of living. Lina is grateful to have found a practice that inspires her to always keep learning and evolving so she can share her experiences with her students.
In Lina's classes you will find yourself sweating while being amazed by your own ability to connect to your strength. You will learn the finer details of alignment as she shares her knowledge in class, ultimately bringing you an experience that bridges the body-mind complex and plants the seed of conscious living in you. You will empower yourself as you empower your body through regular yoga practice.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Tricara Immersion, Ross Rayburn, Hong Kong, (25 hrs) Nov 2015
- Advanced Teacher Training, Patrick Creelman, Hong Kong, (100 hrs) Sep 2014
- Yoga Anatomy and Therapy Training, Martin Kirk, Singapore, (33 hrs) Sep 2012
- Yoga Philosophy - Online Training, Carlos Pomeda, Online, (6 months) Nov 2011/Jul 2012
- Immersion I/II - Anusara Yoga, Ross Rayburn, Singapore, (70 hrs) Sep 2011/Feb 2012
- Anusara Yoga Teacher Training II, Martin Kirk, Singapore, (35 hrs) Jun 2011
- Anusara Yoga Teacher Training I, Ross Rayburn, Singapore, (40 hrs) Mar 2011
- Anusara Yoga Therapy Training, John Friend, Geneva, Switzerland, (18 hrs) Jul 2011
- Immersion III - Anusara Yoga, Noah Maze, Singapore, (33 hrs) Oct 2010
- Immersion I/II - Anusara Yoga, Martin Kirk, Singapore, (66 hrs) Jun 2010
- The Foundation Yoga Teacher Training, Patrick Creelman, Singapore, (200 hrs) Jan-Feb 2009
- Hot Yoga Teacher Training, Level II/III, Jimmy Barkan, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S. (100 hrs) Jun 2005
- Hot Yoga Teacher Training, Level I, Jimmy Barkan, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S. (200 hrs) Oct-Nov 2004