Teachers > Jen Kentrup
Jen Kentrup is a native New Yorker who has lived in Hong Kong since 2001 and began practising yoga in 1995. Patrick Creelman has been her primary teacher since 2010 and she continues to study closely with both Patrick and Rinat Perlman.
Jen is a 500-hr ERYT whose teaching is alignment-based and reflects her training in the Anusara and Iyengar traditions. Her style aims to find the delicate balance between the rigorous precision of an alignment-based practice and the freedom and elegance of its simplicity.
Her classes explore the equilibrium of effort and ease. They are challenging, informative and grounded in her understanding of anatomy and the spiritual tradition of Yoga. She strives to have her students feel cared for, challenged and empowered in her classes. Jen believes wholeheartedly that yoga is a transformational modality with enormous potential for everyone, and it is her goal to share this with her students.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- WildLotus Tibet intensive 2019
- Eyal Shifroni Singapore Chair Yoga training 2019
- Iyengar Intensive – Carrie Owerko, 2019/2018/2017
- Iyengar Intensive – Raya UD, 2018
- Iyengar Intensive – Manouso Manos, 2018
- WildLotus 300-hr Teacher Training – Patrick Creelman, 2017
- Iyengar Intensive with Faeq Biria, 2016
- Practice Intensive – Rinat Perlman, 2015-2016
- The Heart of the Matter – Pema Chödrön, 2016
- Yoga Anatomy – Martin Kirk, 2016
- Akhanda Yoga Rishikesh (100-hr) – Yogrishi Vishvketu, 2016
- Advanced Teacher Training (100-hr) – Patrick Creelman, 2014
- Teacher Training (200-hr) – Ana Forrest, 2013