Teachers > Jen Kentrup
Jen Kentrup is a native New Yorker who has lived in Hong Kong since 2001 and began practising yoga in 1995. Patrick Creelman has been her primary teacher since 2010 and she continues to study closely with both Patrick and Rinat Perlman.
Jen is a 500-hr ERYT whose teaching is alignment-based and reflects her training in the Anusara and Iyengar traditions. Her style aims to find the delicate balance between the rigorous precision of an alignment-based practice and the freedom and elegance of its simplicity.
Her classes explore the equilibrium of effort and ease. They are challenging, informative and grounded in her understanding of anatomy and the spiritual tradition of Yoga. She strives to have her students feel cared for, challenged and empowered in her classes. Jen believes wholeheartedly that yoga is a transformational modality with enormous potential for everyone, and it is her goal to share this with her students.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Iyengar Intensive with Raya UD, 2018
- Iyengar Intensive with Manouso Manos, 2018
- Iyengar Intensive with Carrie Owerko, 2017-2018
- WildLotus Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman (300 hours), 2017
- Iyengar Intensive with Faeq Biria, 2016
- Practice Intensive with Rinat Perlman, 2015-2016
- The Heart of the Matter with Pema Chödrön, 2016
- Yoga Anatomy with Martin Kirk, 2016
- Akhanda Yoga Rishikesh with Yogrishi Vishvketu (100 hours), 2016
- Advanced Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman (100 hours), 2014
- Teacher Training with Ana Forrest (200 hours), 2013