Teachers > Marsha Bantigue
Marsha worked in the PR and media industry in her previous life, where the closest she could get to spirituality is the spirits she was sipping from the cocktails that she drank for work. One day in a Yoga class, she burst into tears coming out from Ustrasana (an intense heart-opening pose), where she experienced the mind-body connection in Yoga. Her life then took a 180-degree turn as her asana practice became a daily ritual and she immersed herself in a yogic lifestyle where dedication and discipline became her choice of elixir.
Upon finishing her 200-hour Vinyasa-style Yoga teacher training and then a 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman, she continued to delve deeper into the study of Yoga and is currently working towards the 500-hour Advanced Teacher Training programme with Yoga Medicine.
With gratitude to her teachers and honouring the classical lineage of Yoga teachers before them, Marsha teaches with the intention of awakening her students to the healing practice of Yoga. She designs every sequence thoughtfully to bring students' awareness beyond the thinking mind and towards a deeper wisdom that can heal body, mind and soul – all while maintaining a light-hearted and safe atmosphere for learning and experimentation.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- E-RYT® 200, RYT® 500
- Yoga Medicine Spine: Anatomy, Dysfunction & Application Training (55 hours), 2021
- Myofascial Release Teacher Training with Yoga Medicine (55 hours), 2020
- Yin and Meditation Teacher Training with Yoga Medicine (55 hours), 2020
- Nervous System and Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Medicine (55 hours), 2020
- Yoga Anatomy Training with Yoga Medicine by Tiffany Cruikshank (20 hours), 2019
- WildLotus Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman (300 hours), 2016-2017
- CET Ashtanga Immersion with Clayton Horton (33 hours), 2016
- Teacher Training Programme with Tryphena Chia under Baptiste Institute (200 hours), 2015