Teachers > Wendy Wen
Wendy’s first encounter with yoga was through the need to get into shape for a competition in her hometown of Toronto in 2010. The physical practice of yoga is what initially attracted Wendy, but the mental and spiritual awareness created through yoga is what made her continue to practise with passion. This accessible physical and mental “exercise” made it easy for her to practise whilst attending university and working as a television host.
After years of consistent practice, Wendy’s innate curiosity to learn led to her first teacher training in 2014. She furthered her studies by attending a second 200-hr teacher training in 2017 with Samrat Dasgupta. Wendy continued to deepen her yogic knowledge by embarking on a 300-hr training with Bryce Yoga (Briohny Smyth & Dice Iida-Klein), Yoga Beyond (Honza Lafond & Claudine Lafond), and Mathieu Boldron. With a strong belief that “there is no end to learning” (學無止境), she undertook mentorship programmes led by Almen Wong and Miguel Sant’ana.
In Wendy’s class, you’ll find a fun yet challenging style of alignment-based yoga with an emphasis on the micro-movements. The design of her sequences creates a mindful balance between strengthening and lengthening of the body. Her goal is to help others find peace and quiet in this bustling city and to have her students find kindness within themselves and in others.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Handstand Mentorship Programme with Miguel Sant’ana, Hong Kong (2018-19)
- Bilingual Mentorship Programme with Almen Wong, Hong Kong (2018-19)
- Aerial Yoga Mentorship Programme with TT Ho, Hong Kong (2018)
- 300-hr Yoga Teacher Training (Fit Flow Fly Yoga) with Bryce Yoga (Briohny Smyth & Dice Iida-Klein), Yoga Beyond (Honza Lafond & Claudine Lafond), and Mathieu Boldron, Koh Samui (2018)
- Mindful Birth Teacher Training Module 1 (Pre-Natal), Module 2 (Post-Natal), Module 3 (Active Birth) with Michelle Papa & Dr. Jean Bryne, Hong Kong (2018)
- 32-hour Pure Air: Evolution and Advancement with TT Ho, Hong Kong (2017)
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training & CET with Samrat Dasgupta, Hong Kong (2017)
- 33-hour CET Ashtanga Immersion with Clayton Horton, Hong Kong (2016)
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Kathryn Beet and Patricia White, Toronto (2014)