Teachers > Maurice Mettler
Maurice was directed to yoga by his elite fitness trainer to relieve issues with major anxiety caused by the stress of his professional life. He opened his mind with the guidance of his teachers and found a practice that was suitable for his temperament. This way of practising allowed Maurice to find the clarity to create a lifestyle more suitable to his dreams and desires.
Maurice considers himself truly blessed to have studied with Saul David Raye in Santa Monica, CA and Yogi Vishvketu in Rishikesh, India. Both of these men have instilled the importance of living and teaching from the heart. This approach greatly eased the over-active mind that Maurice had been troubled by.
Maurice's classes are physically demanding with an emphasis on centring and grounding. He believes in the body and mind connection (the body affects the mind and the mind affects body), which yoga can unify and restore.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Wall Rope Yoga Training, 3-day Teacher Intensive with Bryan Legere, 2014
- Insight Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers (70 hours), 2012
- Yin Yoga: Energetic Anatomy & Theory, Teacher Training with Paul and Suzee Grilley (30 hours), 2011
- The Inner Workings of Yoga: Understanding the relationship between asana, pranayama and meditation, 5-day retreat workshop with Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman, 2010
- Yin Yang Yoga, Teacher Training Intensive with Sarah Powers (25 hours), 2010
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, 4-day Intensive with Leza Lowitz, 2009
- Pain and Orthopedic Evaluation for Yoga Teachers, 7-day Anatomy Continuing Education Training with Ellen Head, 2009
- Embody The Flow, 5-day Yoga Teacher Training with Shiva Rea, 2006
- World Conscious Yoga Family Yoga Teacher Training with Yogi Vishvketu and Chetana Panwar (200 hours), 2005
- Hatha Yoga as a Sacred Practice, Yoga Teacher Training with Saul David Raye, Shiva Rae and Max Strom (200 hours), 2004
- Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, 4-week Thai Massage Training with Futoshi and TMC staff, 2004
- Thai Yoga Therapy "Advanced" Training, 7-day massage training with Saul David Raye, 2003
- Thai Yoga Therapy Training, 8-day massage training with Saul David Raye, 2003