Teachers > Vivian Agethen
Vivian was born in Hong Kong and spent 20 years living in Sydney, Australia. She previously worked in the fast-paced world of finance and in 2009, Vivian joined PURE Yoga to stay in shape for her wedding. Little did she know how Yoga would literally change her life, her outlook on life and her sensitivity to people and things around her. Yoga has been a calming and spiritual influence that has helped Vivian manage the physical challenges of pregnancy, raising a family and even recovering from injuries.
As many who know Vivian would attest, she dedicates many hours a day to her Yoga practice. She began her journey as a Yoga teacher in 2013 with Patrick Creelman’s 200-hour Foundation Yoga Teacher Training. She has been influenced and enriched by a number of her teachers – including first and foremost Patrick, whose emphasis on accuracy, precision and dedication form the foundation of her practice. Vivian is also deeply grateful to her mentor Almen Wong, who took Vivian under her wing and shared her valuable teaching experience; and last, but not least, Edward Chow, who has helped Vivian develop a much deeper understanding of her practice and the joys of compassion.
Vivian’s classes are intense, encouraging and focused on alignment fundamentals to deliver a highly rewarding class. She believes that attention to detail and a deep observation of the body are basic steps on the path to physical and spiritual enlightenment. Through challenging postures and precise alignment of the body, we learn to breathe and relax around stimulation. By deepening the pause, we are bringing clarity and mindfulness into our everyday life.
Vivian is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT® 500), Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT®), Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT®), and Continuing Education Provider (YACEP®) with Yoga Alliance. She hopes to share her passion for Yoga with others during their journey of discovery.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Therapeutic Immersion with Ross Rayburn (30 hours), 2017
- WildLotus Yoga Progression with Patrick Creelman, 2017
- WildLotus Yoga Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman and Rinat Perlman (300 hours), 2016-2017
- Gecko Yoga Children’s Yoga Teacher Training with Jenny Smith (95 hours), 2015
- Mindful Birth Teacher Training Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth and Baby with Dr Jean Byrne and Michelle Papa (100 hours), 2015
- Radiant Child Yoga Immersion Programme (Levels 1 & 2) with Jenny Smith, 2013
- The Foundation Yoga Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman (200 hours), 2013
- Paediatric Emergency First Aid course and Adult First Aid course with First Aid International UK