Teachers > Arun Mazumdar
Arun was born in Jamshedpur, India. His mother was a teacher and after she got a work transfer, the whole family moved to the city. When he was a teenager, his parents sent him to practise yoga and it was his first step to learning with teachers Prabir Karmakar and Baishali Champati Karmakar in 2002.
As a young boy, Arun already won many yoga championships throughout India and overseas. Even with injuries, his hunger for learning never diminished. While he was perusing graduation, he came across a teacher H.P. Singh who inspired him a lot. From this teacher, Arun learned how to be a person of good qualities like kindness, awareness and realisation of life.
Arun began teaching yoga in 2008 at schools and corporate offices in India. In early 2011, he moved to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and continued his teaching. Arun’s classes are based on flow with strength and flexibility, focusing on alignment and awareness of the body and mind.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Yoga Therapy – Indian Board of Alternative Medicines, Kolkata, India, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts in English – Bundelkhand University, India, 2011
- Silver Medal – 1st Asian Yoga Championship held at Pattaya, Thailand, 2011
- Silver Medal in Artistic Pair – National Yoga Championship, Goa, India, 2010
- Gold Medal – VI India Open Yoga Championship, Jamshedpur, India, 2010