Teachers > Helene Yu
As a lifelong exercise enthusiast, Helene started practising yoga in 1999 to incorporate a stretching and conditioning component into her workout plan. Then she realised that yoga was much more than physical exercise – it was a way of life, calming her fluctuating mind due to the stress from work and helping her to stay rooted in the present moment. Helene was hooked on the sense of peace and bliss that yoga brought to her life.
In 2007, Helene became a yoga teacher so that she could continue to learn by teaching and to teach by learning, cultivating and sharing a spirit of gratitude with everyone she met. She believes that this ancient practice not only makes the physical body strong and toned, it also disciplines and calms the mind for true understanding of one's soul and self that is connected with the universe.
Helene cites Swami Veda Bharati & Michel Besnard as the teachers who have influenced her most in her yoga journey.
Practise with the open heart and we will begin to appreciate the beauty in everything we see, touch and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Angel Card Therapy & Reading Certificate with Nelly Angel. 2015
- Awakening the Illuminated Heart Certificate, 2015
- Imagery I, II & III, 2015-2016
- Shamanism I, II & III, 2015-2016
- Mindfulness Meditation at Nilambe Meditation Center, 2014
- Inversion Intensive with Bryce Yoga CET, 2014
- Emotion Freedom Technique Practitioner (EFT). 2013
- Pre-, Post-natal & Active Birth Yoga with Michelle Papa & Jean B (100 hours), 2013
- Himalayan Meditation Course by Himalayan Yoga Center, 2012
- Reiki I, II with Dr Cheung at Reiki Healing Center, 2012
- Yin Yoga Workshop with Sarah Power, 2012
- Yin Yoga Anatomy Yoga Alliance Teacher Training with Paul and Suzee Grilley (30 hours), 2011
- NLP Coach Certificate with 張慧慈, 2011
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training with Michel Besnard (200 hours), 2009
- Yoga Teacher Training by AASFP & Planet Yoga, 2006