Teachers > Bernadette Leung
Bernadette's yoga journey was triggered on an airplane whilst travelling to Thailand, when she cast her eyes on a magazine photo of Vrksasana (Tree pose) being held on the edge of a cliff. This awe-inspiring vision prompted her to set foot onto a path of holistic wellness... into the world of yoga. It is the connectedness and openness after each practice that keeps drawing her back for another class, and she can still vividly remember the sweetness of slowing down after her first class. Yoga has helped Bernadette to become more aligned with her own being, to listen to her heart and be more compassionate towards herself and others.
As one of the first few Forrest Yoga teachers in Asia, Bernadette is forever grateful to Ana Forrest’s guidance and encouragement to be an authentic teacher. After becoming a Certified Forrest Yoga teacher, she continues to study with Forrest Yoga Guardians Ana, Sinhee Ye-McCabe and Jambo Truong – assisting Ana in workshops and teacher trainings, and Sinhee in workshops and trainings. The time with Ana Forrest is always transformational. As a result, Bernadette has developed a better relationship with herself, following her heart and speaking her truth with grace. She is inspired to share Forrest Yoga with everyone and is now a Forrest Yoga Guardian in training.
Bernadette is also passionate about helping mums-to-be experience a safe and enjoyable pregnancy journey while exploring self-connection. She finds DreamBirth®, created by Dr. Catherine Shainberg, very helpful in soothing the physical and emotional discomforts of pregnancy. Bernadette is certified to teach Poppy Perinatal Yoga, which helps to prepare women emotionally and physically for birth.
Bernadette’s classes are fun, dynamic and breath-oriented. As an advocate of mindfulness, she believes in creating a supportive environment for students to explore the many possibilities of their body. She encourages her students to stay present with the subtle changes that each mindful breath brings to experience the beauty of self-discovery. Her hands-on assists are therapeutic, allowing students to come home to their body – not only to become more receptive to what their body can do but also to connect to their own strength. Bernadette is also moved by the different healing modalities of Cranial Sacral Therapy, Reiki and Imagery, which allow her to interpret healing in a more holistic way.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Poppy Perinatal Teacher, 2021
- Level 1 DreamBirth® Practitioner, 2020
- Ceremony, Meditation and Mindfulness with Jambo Truong, 2019
- Insight Yoga Level 2 Training with Sarah Powers, 2018
- 10-Days Yoga Bodyworkers Training Level 1 with Jambo Truong & Brian Campbell, 2018
- Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training with Ana Forrest, 2010, 2012 & 2015
- Certified Angel Life Coach, Angel Card Reader, Inspirational Teacher, Past Life Healer and Hypnotherapist with Nelly Angel, 2015
- Certified Baby Massage Instructor, International Association of Infant Massage, 2015
- Usui and Tibetan Reiki Practitioner Certification with Joyce Thom, 2015
- Cranial Sacral Foundations with Joyce Thom, 2014
- Pre- & Post-natal Teacher Training with Jean Bryne and Michelle Papa – Pre-natal Yoga (Module I), Post-natal Yoga (Module II) & Yoga for Active Birth (Module III), 2013
- Insight Yoga Teacher Training Intensive with Sarah Powers, 2012
- Forrest Yoga Mentorship Programme with Sinhee Ye-McCabe (Korea), 2010
- Pain & Orthopedic Evaluation Training for Yoga Teachers & Students with Ellen Heed, 2009
- 25-Hour Study in Birthing A Conscious World: Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Sara Avant Stover, 2008
- Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training with Ana Forrest, 2007
- Embodying the Flow Teacher Training with Shiva Rea, 2006
- 200-hr Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Wanda Hewitt, 2005