Teachers > Vivian Cheng
Vivian first discovered yoga in 2014 when she was studying in the UK where she suffered from insomnia and anxiety. She practised basic postures through an app every evening and it magically healed her sleeping disorder. Not only did Vivian notice the therapeutic aspects of yoga, she truly enjoyed the body mind connection. Since 2017 after she moved back to Hong Kong, she has been deepening her practice in formal yoga studios. The positive energy shared in a group practice empowered her and she found pure bliss from her dedication in practice. To her, yoga is the medicine of life.
Vivian is grateful to have met inspirational teachers along her yoga journey. She did her first teacher training with Yogananth Andiappan, who has given her a holistic view of yoga. It was his insightful alignment and therapeutic approach towards yoga that inspires Vivian to teach and spread the health benefits of yoga to the world. Since 2020, Vivian has continued to deepen her yogic knowledge with Samrat Dasgupta from whom she learnt precise teaching skills. He acts as a mentor to her and gives her positive encouragement in her teaching journey. Vivian also practises tea ceremony meditation under the guidance of Wu De, who teaches her real compassion and humility.
Vivian’s classes focus on finding harmony within the body by balancing strength and flexibility. The design of her sequence is fun yet challenging, so that students can experience joy and lightness. As a spiritual seeker, Vivian also incorporates a blend of active asana sequence and elements of meditation.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- FRC® Certification with Hunter Cook, 2020
- 15-hr Wheel Yoga Teacher Training with Tiffany Lau, 2019
- 100-hr Pranayama and Meditation Teacher Training with Dr. Yogananth Andiappan, 2019
- AntiGravity® Fitness Aerial Yoga Levels 1 & 2 Teacher Training with Tamer Begum, 2019
- 100-hr Pre- & Post- Natal Yoga Teacher Training with Samantha Chan, 2018
- 200-hr Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Dr. Yogananth Andiappan, 2018