Teachers > Shirley Wong
From her first yoga session in 2002, Shirley recognised that instant ‘click’ that was needed to balance her stressful life of raising young children. She decided to explore various styles of yoga including Ashtanga, Yin, Bikram and Anusara.
She has been deeply inspired and encouraged by her first two teachers, Frances and Patrick. Frances's clear guidance and instructions for her first three years of consistent hot yoga practice had established a solid foundation for her yoga journey. In her subsequent 5 years of practice with Patrick – his passion, sense of humour and encouragement to explore challenging poses taught her to trust her strength and become more confident.
Shirley's classes are fun, dynamic and therapeutic. For her, yoga is about what feels right as we connect to our breath – to accept, appreciate and celebrate our successes without judging or evaluating. Shirley believes that unlocking our inner power of yoga happens when we adopt it as a lifestyle, so she asks her students to live and breathe yoga…smile and have fun.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Aerial Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training with Daniel S Vargas, 2018
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Paul and Suzee Grilley, 2011
- Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training with Ana Forrest, 2010
- Pre-Natal Teacher Training with Sara Avant Stover, 2010
- Preparing to Teach – a Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman (200 hours), 2007