Teachers > Gandhi Karuppiah
Gandhi comes from a remote village in the southern part of India and started practising yoga in 1997. In his early life, he saw the art of yoga and was attracted to it. Subsequently witnessing the strength that yoga generated inspired Gandhi to not only practise it but also to share it with his friends and schoolmates. His dedication and the support from his family, who are also yoga practitioners, helped him to master the art and science of yoga.
Gandhi has participated in and won extensive achievements in yoga competitions since 2001. After completing his formal education, he had an opportunity to take a government job in India but decided to dedicate his life towards teaching yoga. After attaining qualifications from internationally renowned yoga training institutions like Sivananda Yoga, Gandhi started to teach children at various schools and institutions in India from 2002. In 2009, he had the opportunity to teach yoga in Mainland China and by 2010 he came to Hong Kong to continue his teaching career.
He feels fortunate being a yoga teacher and having the ability to strengthen others’ bodies and minds through simple and advanced yoga practices. Gandhi says that the opportunity to meet and train people of different nationalities and cultures keeps him always motivated to teach yoga.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Yoga and Naturopathy – Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, Chennai, India, 2020
- Diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy – Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, Chennai, India, 2008
- ‘YOGA ACHARYA’ Title and ‘Master of Yoga’ Advance Teacher Training Course – The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Neyyar Dam, India, 2008
- ‘YOGA RATHNA’ title – International Divine Life Society, Chennai, India, 2008
- ‘YOGA SIROMANI’ title and ‘Teacher of Yoga’ Teacher Training Course – The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Madurai, India, 2006