Teachers > Vinod Kumar
Born in Chennai, India, Vinod has embraced yoga since the age of 14. Vinod fully immersed himself in the asana practice and won several district, state, and national level competitions. Even though he started on a physically transformative path, he ultimately embraced all branches of yoga by completing yogic studies followed by attaining a master’s degree in yoga and naturopathy.
Vinod believes that his path has been shaped by the influence of several great teachers who have impacted his growth in asana and given him a deeper understanding of yoga philosophy, yoga therapy, and other aspects. Two of his Gurus have had the most profound impact on his learning and being; his first teacher Master Radhakrishnan who moulded him to be an amazing asana yogi and Guru Asana Andiappan who guided him towards his path of teaching yoga.
Vinod’s teaching emphasises the elements of relaxation, contentment, and the joy of learning. Teaching his students to honour their bodies, he also encourages them to challenge their comfort zones in a healthy way. Vinod’s classes are fun, educational, and inspiring for the body, heart, and mind. His motto for teaching yoga is “to develop the connection of body and mind by integrating all the limbs of yoga from yama to samadhi”.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Wheel Yoga Teacher Training, Prajna Yoga, 2021
- Master of Science in Yoga and Naturopathy, Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, 2017
- International Teachers Training Course, Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantri Ashram, Neyyar Dam, Kerala, 2017
- P.G.Diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy, Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Yoga and Naturopathy, Dr.M.G.R. University, 2008
- Diploma in Yogic Science & Education, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, 2007