Teachers > Edward Chow
Edward was running his family business before he started teaching yoga in 2006. He wanted to do more exercise but was always so exhausted after work and felt like he didn’t even have enough time for rest.
After taking his very first yoga class, he immediately felt the power of yoga. Not only was he energised physically but also grounded mentally. So he decided to make a change in his life and began his yoga journey. He registered as a RYT-500 yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance in 2011.
Edward enjoys teaching an energetic Vinyasa-style yoga and providing his students with alignment cues through hands-on adjustments. His hope is for students to leave his class with a deeper understanding of their practice, and to feel balanced in body & mind.
He is particularly grateful for guidance given to him by Andrey Lappa (Founder of Universal Yoga), and Sharon Gannon and David Life(Founders of Jivamukti Yoga).
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Thai Yoga Therapy Training with Jonas Westring, 2016
- Yoga Wall level 2 teacher training with Bryan Legere, 2015
- Yoga Wall level 1 teacher training with Bryan Legere, 2014
- 200-hour Universal Yoga level 2 & Shiva Nata teacher training with Andrey Lappa, 2013
- 100-hour Universal Yoga teacher training with Andrey Lappa, 2012
- 300-hour Jivamukti Yoga teacher training with Sharon Gannon & David Life, 2011
- 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification by Hong Kong Yoga Association, 2009
- Completed Initiation 101 Professional Intensive Training of Pilates Matwork Exercises by Physicalmind Institute, 2007
- Intermediate yoga teacher certification by Hong Kong Yoga Association, 2007
- Sports Science & Fitness Foundation certification by AASFP, 2006
- Beginner yoga teacher certification by Hong Kong Yoga Association, 2006