Teachers > Mio Watanabe
Mio Watanabe is a Pilates instructor who was born in Hong Kong to a Japanese and Chinese family. Her journey with Pilates began many years ago when she started experiencing back pain. Not only did Pilates help alleviate her back pain, but she also noticed physical and mental changes. She felt taller, her muscles became stronger and she became more confident.
Mio pursued her passion for Pilates by studying and training in STOTT Pilates techniques and methods. She received her certification as a Pilates instructor and has since been teaching Pilates to clients of all ages and fitness levels – her eldest client is a 90-year-old gentleman.
Mio's approach to Pilates is focused on helping her clients achieve their fitness goals while improving their overall well-being. To enrich her teaching method, she also completed professional Feldenkrais certification equipping herself the knowhow to enhance one’s coordination and movement.
People find her classes fun and yet challenging. Mio enjoys teaching to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
• 2017 – Yoga Teacher Training, International Yoga Academy (200 hours)
• 2015 – STOTT Pilates: Matwork, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair & Barrels
• 2018-2023 – Feldenkrais Method, Feldenkrais Japan
• 2019 – Totalbarre Certification, Merrithew
• 2019 – Bbarreless, Tracey Mallet
• 2017 – Fundamentals, Suspension Fitness, AntiGravity