Teachers > Gloria Day
Gloria discovered yoga in 2003, whilst working as an architect in Los Angeles. She fell in love with the transformative power of yoga – increasing her flexibility and strength, but more importantly, helping her cope with the busy and challenging lifestyle of working in the corporate world. Inspired by the personal internal shift from the practice, she then took a 6-month pilgrimage in 2004 to study yoga in India and was hooked.
Gloria enjoys practising various styles, including Forrest, Yin, alignment and core-based vinyasa yoga. She is deeply grateful to all the teachers with whom she has studied throughout her yoga journey. She would like to credit her biggest influence to date – Forrest Yoga – for teaching her to use the breath to slow down, feel deeply within, and connect to body wisdom and intuition. Gloria believes that through cultivating a consistent yoga practice, one can skilfully navigate life’s ups and downs with more ease, mindfulness and joy.
Gloria's classes are intelligently sequenced and grounding with an emphasis on pranayama, alignment, body awareness and compassionate hands-on assists.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Advanced Teacher Training, Pranayama Details with Paul Dallaghan, 2019
- Mastering the Art of Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Jason Crandell, 2016
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Victor Chng, 2015
- iRest Level 1 Teacher Training with Richard Miller, 2014
- Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth, and Baby Teacher Training with Dr. Jean Byrne and Michelle, 2013
- Forrest Yoga Mentorship Program with Sinhee McCabe, 2011
- Forrest Yoga Foundation 200+ Hrs. Teacher Training, 2011; 2013 (assisting)
- Advanced Forrest Yoga Teacher Training with Ana Forrest, 2010; 2012 (assisting). 2015; 2019 (assisting)
- Patrick Creelman Seat of the Teacher, 2009
- Judith Lasater, Ph.D., P.T., Yoga Therapeutics Teacher Training, 2009
- YogaWorks 200 Hr. Teacher Training, 2005