Teachers > Clayton Horton
Clayton is an experienced and internationally known KPJAYI Certified Ashtanga yoga teacher who was born in Oklahoma, USA on Teacher’s Day, September 10. He discovered yoga at age 21 whilst living in San Francisco, California, when his mother took him to a pranayama class. After several years of practice and a long trip to India, he began teaching in 1996. To Clayton, yoga is a healing path back to the Self, allowing us to experience true peace and happiness. Being kind and living in balance with nature are qualities that continue to guide his life.
Clayton studied with masters K. Pattabhi Jois and the Greensufi for many years, both of whom gave him great inspiration to practise daily and develop a yogic lifestyle. He founded Greenpath Yoga in San Francisco in October of 2001. The studio was one of America’s first green and environmentally friendly yoga studios with inspiring and progressive yoga programmes, philosophies, events and authenticity. Clayton received formal authorisation to teach Ashtanga Yoga from the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute of Mysore, South India in 2003 and he received Level Two Authorisation in 2010. Whilst attending a course for teachers in Mysore during the summer of 2016, Sharath Jois awarded Clayton with the blessing of ‘Certification’ – the highest level of accreditation for teachers at the institute.
Clayton’s teaching style is traditional, yet light-hearted and relaxed. He believes that by practising and living yoga, we can transform ourselves and the world around us. According to Clayton, Ashtanga Yoga is a complete and well-balanced system in which an experienced and skilled teacher can help any student 'find their place' within its structure regardless of individual challenges, aptitude and constitution.
Clayton’s favourite hobbies are surfing, swimming and playing guitar. He is committed to making the world a better place by living with eco-awareness, teaching yoga and meditation, serving others with charity work (karma yoga), and offering music & Kirtan chanting (bhakti yoga). www.greenpathyoga.org
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Nutrition Science Online Associates Degree – Stanford Center for Health Education, 2020
- Gong / Sound Healing – ongoing studies with Martha Collard, Hong Kong
- Natural Yogic Treatment, Fasting Detox Coaching Training, 2020
- Certification in the practice of Bioresonance – Paul-Schmidt-Akademie, Lennestadt, Germany, 2017
- Initiation of Tantric Sadhana, Sahaj Meditation, Levels 1-6, Dada Dharmavedananda, Cebu, Philippines, 2012-2017
- Bioresonance Basic Therapy Course A and B – Bicom UK LLP, 2017
- Diploma of Basic Natural Therapy – Ananda Marga Yoga Wellness Center, Cebu, Philippines, 2016
- K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute, Certification, August 2016
- K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute Authorisation Level Two, June 2010
- K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Research Institute Authorisation Level One, January 2003