Teachers > Wendy Wyvill
Wendy’s love for movement developed at a young age, from gymnastics to snowboarding with many other sports in between. Injuries were always a part of her life, as was learning to heal from them. Yoga was a great friend and tool to help with the healing process. After retiring from professional snowboarding, Wendy pursued her love for teaching and Yoga. Originally from Whistler, Canada, Wendy spent many years living and teaching there as well as in California.
She has proudly resided with Pure Yoga in Hong Kong since 2006. When she’s not teaching, Wendy and her husband accompanied by their little boy are out chasing waves and snow and exploring Asia. Wendy is extremely grateful to all her Yoga teachers, but a few have directed her path towards healing and spirituality.
- Sara Powers of Insight Yoga taught Wendy the extreme value of blending a Yin sequence (to enhance the meridian and organ systems) with a slow flow or Yang alignment-based practice. This style enlivened and nourished her body, inspiring her to share and teach this great wisdom.
- Patrick Creelman – whose energetic gift and enthusiasm for precision and alignment has helped guide Wendy to teach intelligent alignment with humour.
- VishvKetu of AkhandaYoga, who helped to tie it all together in Rishiskesh, India. After spending 8 weeks in the Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram, she was able to meet her inner teacher and understand the healing effects of subtle body yoga and the powerful effects of Pranayama and meditation.
Wendy teaches students to be present, to listen to their body’s wisdom and explore postures creatively. She blends breathwork and mindfulness with playful Asana in her classes, leaving one inspired, grounded and at peace.
Wendy has taught many yoga/surf, yoga Ayurveda and yoga detox retreats around Asia. She has also led many successful programmes like 40 Days to Personal Revolution as well as 30-, 40- and 50-hr teacher trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Advanced Assisting and Sequencing Retreat with Yogrishi Vishvketu, 2016
- Sara Powers Teacher Training, 2012
- VishvKetu Rishikesh India Teacher Training (500 hours), 2007
- Patrick Creelman Teacher Training (Assisted), 2006
- Ana Forrest Teacher Training, 2006
- John Friend Anusara Yoga, 2005
- Baptiste Power Yoga Levels 1 and 2 and boot camps 2005
- Yogi Bhajan Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training (500 hours), 2003
- Bikram Teacher Training (500 hours), 2001
- Nia Teacher Training, 2000
- Gymnastics teacher trainings, 1990