Teachers > Wendy Wyvill
Wendy’s love for movement developed at a young age, from gymnastics to snowboarding with many other sports in between. Injuries were always a part of her life, as was learning to heal from them. Yoga was a great friend and tool to help with the healing process. After retiring from professional snowboarding, Wendy pursued her love for teaching and Yoga. Originally from Whistler, Canada, Wendy spent many years living and teaching there as well as in California.
She has proudly resided with PURE Yoga in Hong Kong since 2006. When she’s not teaching, Wendy and her husband accompanied by their little boy are out chasing waves and snow and exploring Asia. Wendy is extremely grateful to all her Yoga teachers, but a few have directed her path towards healing and spirituality.
Wendy teaches students to be present, to listen to their body’s wisdom and explore postures creatively. She blends breathwork and mindfulness with playful Asana in her classes, leaving one inspired, grounded and at peace.
Wendy has taught many yoga/surf, yoga Ayurveda and yoga detox retreats around Asia. She has also led many successful programmes like 40 Days to Personal Revolution as well as 30-, 40- and 50-hr teacher trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- The Breathing Class with Dr Belisa Vranich - 2020
- 20 hr Pranayama program with Julia McCabe - 2020
- Online Anatomy with Jason Crandell 2019
- Yoga Anatomy with Leslie Kaminoff - 2018
- Advanced Assisting and Sequencing Retreat with Yogrishi Vishvketu, 2016
- Sara Powers Teacher Training, 2012
- VishvKetu Rishikesh India Teacher Training (500 hours), 2007
- Patrick Creelman Teacher Training (Assisted), 2006
- Ana Forrest Teacher Training, 2006
- John Friend Anusara Yoga, 2005
- Baptiste Power Yoga Levels 1 and 2 and boot camps 2005
- Yogi Bhajan Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training (500 hours), 2003
- Bikram Teacher Training (500 hours), 2001
- Nia Teacher Training, 2000
- Gymnastics teacher trainings, 1990