Ashtanga Yoga Second Series Workshop with Clayton Horton
3 July, Asia Standard Tower - Central
Curious about the Intermediate Second Series of Ashtanga Yoga?
This workshop is for students who have been practising the Full Primary Series and want to progress and deepen their practice to the next level. Experience of the full Ashtanga Primary Series and proficient backbending are required.
Come with a sense of curiosity, humility and humour for this chance to study with one of Southeast Asia's most experienced Ashtanga teachers.
Weekend Keynote topics:
- Correct attitude and Intention
- Exploring deep backbending
- Form and function of core strength
- Foot behind the head with intelligence and humour
- Animal postures: the exotic, scary and not-so-scary
- Injury prevention
- The 7 headstands of Ashtanga Yoga
3 July (Sunday)
Part 1: Establishing Intention and Foundation
10:30am - 1:00pm
Focusing on Backbending and Twists – principles of backbending and the first half of the Intermediate Series will be demonstrated, broken down and explored. The workshop series will begin with observing the Patanjali's Yoga Sutra: "Sthira Sukham Asanam."
Part 2: Doing the Work
2:30pm - 5:00pm
we will work on the more accessible postures of the Second Series, teacher assisted drop backs and an extended finishing sequence with pranayama.
Total 5.0 hours
SUPER Early-bird 20% discount: HK$1,500 (5 June)
Early-bird 10% discount: HK$1,688 (ends 20 June)
Regular Price: HK$,1,875
Online via Zoom
Special Offer HK$750
Photos and video may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
- Super Early-bird: Application sent in on or before 31 May 2022.
- Early-bird: Application sent in on or before 5 June 2022.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 6 June 2022.
- Valid refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- All applications for refund (medical & emergency reasons) must be made within 3 days after the event finishes.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food
- $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants. Ask nood food staff at your workshop location for details.
- 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
Special offer from PURE Retail
10% off all PURE Apparel/Kurios regular-priced products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
In case of studio closure due to unexpected circumstances – including the Hong Kong Observatory’s issuing of typhoon signals 8 and above, black rainstorm warning signals – training will be postponed, and the new schedule will be decided by PURE and its teacher(s). If you cannot attend the make-up classes sessions, you can access them online as they will be recorded.
To register, please contact any PURE Yoga studio or see reception.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions