Ancient Wisdom: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Dileep Puliyolly
29 July – 23 October Starstreet Precinct – Wan Chai
This 200-hour teacher training combines the faculty’s 24 years of teaching experience, which include 8 years of yoga therapy expertise under the professional guidance of specialist doctors in India. This training aims to shed light on various aspects of the Authentic Indian Yoga Systems as taught by the great Masters of Himalayas.
Detailed philosophies and practical training, deeply rooted in the secret doctrines of Kundalini and Tantra, will provide students with a unique experience. Focused on core values, this training will incorporate all the traditional streams of classical yoga systems.
Ancient Wisdom is a 3-month weekend foundation programme. It will bring clarity to all the important aspects of yoga teaching and inspire you to delve deep into the wisdom of the great Yogis. To ensure the transformation of students to teachers, there will be regular discussions on the theories/Asana, individual assessments, and practice teaching.
This training is a strong foundation of the Classical Yoga Streams rooted in the ORAL TRADITIONS of ancient India. Trainees will gain a deep understanding of the original forms of yoga and be initiated into the great lineages of Aghori, Naga and Kapalika (Esoteric practitioners). Students will achieve clarity on the essentials of teaching and develop confidence in sharing the wisdom with enthusiasts.
History, Modern Developments & Humanities:
- Tantra - Shiva, Shakti and Nath traditions
- Shaiva philosophical evolution- Kashmiri shaivisam & Shaiva Sidhanta of the south. Sidha Yogis
- Kundalini - Essence of the dormant power
- Chakra dharana, Yantra & Mandala
- Koula Marga - Unbroken lineages: Aghori, Naga and Kapalika Gothra
- Hatha yoga, Ashtanga….. important schools of yoga in India, etc.
- Patanjali’s yoga sutra and the difference in approach
- Contributions of the Yogis, Masters – Swami Sivananda, Neem Karoli Baba, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Rama, Maharishi Ramana, etc.
- Modern-day developments in yoga and deviations from the roots
Yogic Psychology, Physiology & Ayurveda:
- Ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and Kalari Marma (vital points)
- Thriguna/ Guna traya of Bhagavad Gita (Three qualities - Sattva, Rajas & Tamas)
- Pancha Kosha Sidhanta - Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manomaya, Vijnanamaya & Anandamaya kosha (modern psychology & Indian findings: Abraham Maslow, the American psychologist - hierarchy of needs
- Carl Jung: Swiss psychologist - Collective unconscious & Samashti of Indian philosophy (Atma & Paramatma)
Practice, training & discussions:
- Practices that are deeply rooted in the oral traditions of ancient India. Training will include guided practices of different lineages of the classic yoga systems
- Esoteric practices of Tantra and Kundalini yoga also included in the morning intensive
- Detailed explanation of techniques on how to engage different muscles and area of focus while holding the poses
- Modifications/options for different levels of practitioners
- Pranayama and meditation practices are inevitable on each day of training
- Pose corrections, options, adjustments and discussions (based on daily practices)
- Detailed study on – Bandhas, Mudras, Kriyas, Chakras and Pancha Koshoas
Professional skills development:
- Mastering the art of teaching
- Moulding of great teachers by cultivating professional skills
- Clear understanding of the wisdom of yoga and a mindset to learn further
- Develop the qualities of a teacher: Voice, presence, effective introduction, timeliness, room settings, assistance and encouragement, and closing the class…etc.
- Sequencing for different classes and practice teaching….. etc
- Homework/classroom assignments
5-7, 12-14, 19-21, 26-28 August
2-4, 9-11, 30 September
1 & 2, 4, 7-9, 14-16, 21-23 October
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays
9:00am – 11:00pm
11:00am – 12:00pm
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Special Practice / Explanation of Asanas & Other Practices
Lecture / Study / Discussion / Q&A
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice as well as the support of the student's primary support network.
Interested students must
- Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- Have a minimum of 6 months of regular yoga practice
- Be free of major injuries going into the programme
- Be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required
- Be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the programme
Born into a Yogi family in south India (Yoganaath lineage), Dileep was initiated to Yoga and the secret doctrine Tantra from an early age and was trained in all the classic forms of Indian yoga systems. He later received training at Shivananda Ashram and Vivekananda Yoga University. As he grew older, he travelled extensively to find answers to his spiritual quest, which took him to the great masters of The Himalayas from the yogic lineages of Aghori, Naga and Kapalika, all of which helped deepen his understanding on the mystic path of Yoga and Kundalini.
Dileep started teaching and sharing yoga in 1998. He follows the integrated approach of yoga by combining different paths of the traditional Indian yogic methods. His classes are gentle, designed to meet individual needs, and adopt Yoga Therapy techniques to heal and prevent different ailments. His traditional classes are filled with yoga philosophy, and he ensures easy comprehension with a dose of humour. He believes and teaches the Authentic Indian Yoga system to “find harmony with one’s surroundings”.
Apart from teaching, Dileep has written numerous articles based on yoga and has published in many health magazines and yoga journals. A believer of good karma, he also founded a charitable organisation in India. To raise funds for this charity, he conducts immersions on Kundalini and Tantra and organises outdoor yoga, Bhajan/Kirtan and spiritual discourses. Dileep also gives lectures on Hinduism and Yoga philosophy at Hong Kong University.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Master of Science in Yoga from Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, 2017
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga from Tamil Nadu Physical education and Sports University
- Master of Arts from University of Calicut – Kerala
- Bachelor of Education from University of Calicut – Kerala
- Yoga Instructor Course (Vivekananda Yoga University – Bangalore)
- My Excellence Award awarded by Myoga
- Gold medallist All Kerala State Yoga Championship (Satyananda Yoga Research Center)
- Founder of Yoganaath Charitable Trust (Non-profit organisation) www.yoganaath.org
- Founder of Bhajan HK (Non-profit organisation)
(Ends 25 May)
Early-bird 10% OFF
(Ends 25 June)
** Students will receive a Certificate of Completion from PURE Yoga for this teacher training programme.
Morning Intensive (9:00am – 11:00am)
Early-bird 10% OFF
(Ends 25 June)
Full Morning Intensive (46 hours)
Any 10 Sessions Morning Intensive (20 hours)
*Selected days must be confirmed upon registration
Photos and video may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
This programme requires a minimum of 15 students.
In case of studio closure due to unexpected circumstances – including the Hong Kong Observatory’s issuing of typhoon signals 8 and above, black rainstorm warning signals – training will be postponed, and the new schedule will be decided by PURE and its teacher(s). If you cannot attend the make-up classes sessions, you can access them online as they will be recorded.
- SUPER OFFER Discount ends 25 May 2022.
- 10% Early-Bird Discount ends 25 June 2022
- No refund or credit will be issued for cancellations starting 26 June 2022.
- Valid refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- All applications for refund (medical & emergency reasons) must be made within 3 days after the event finishes.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food
- $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on training date. Ask nood food staff at your event location for details.
Contact & Enquiries
- For enquiries, please email TeacherTraining@pure-yoga.com
*If there is any discrepancy between the printed and web versions, the web version shall prevail.
Will I be able to teach right after I graduate from this programme?
Yes. All the course materials taught in this course prepare students with all the foundational knowledge and skills needed to become yoga teachers. Some students take it to deepen their own personal practice, kick-start a life transformational experience, while others do it to immediately start a teaching career. Others who do not want to proceed into teaching immediately would immerse into further trainings. More than half the students from our graduate programmes begin teaching friends, family, moving into part-time teaching in studios and then full-time teaching.
Will I be able to teach at PURE Yoga after graduating from this programme?
PURE Yoga is always open to applications and supports graduates from our programmes. We do have many teachers at PURE Yoga currently that are previous graduates. While we encourage graduates to apply with us, there is never a guarantee of job placement due to availability of openings or space within our studios. However, any graduates that apply with us are kept in our database and are advised if there are openings available.
If I miss one day, will I be able to make up for it?
Students undergoing this programme must be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required. They must also be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the programme – only with 100% attendance and completion of the course will students receive a certificate, and no make-up of work will be given. Should there be any problems with this, students must speak with the faculty prior to the course and only under very special circumstances will it be considered.
Will I receive a certificate after the programme?
Upon successful completion, 100% attendance, and following the code of conduct – students will receive a Certificate of Completion from PURE Yoga for this teacher training programme.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions