Teachers > Mimi Serafica
In 2006 Mimi could no longer ignore a strong pain and numbness in her left arm, which only increased over time. The doctors said that she had cervical spondylosis and needed surgery. Before agreeing to surgery, Mimi decided to find out whether there were any other alternative treatments and eventually discovered Bikram yoga. The practice of Bikram not only improved her condition, but through it she also discovered a positive impact on the subtle nuances yoga made on her life.
The inner strength and peace of mind that Mimi found along the course of her journey are priceless. Hatha yoga is not always easy but with regular practice, concentration, diligence, patience and determination - everything is possible. Beyond the physical aspects of yoga, Mimi believes in the deeper benefits of a consistent yoga practice: meditation, compassion, interconnectedness and the joy found in every present moment.
Mimi is very grateful for the right light and the path that yoga revealed, which is why she is now here as a coach and teacher - to help other people change and improve their lives. She encourages students to let go of their fears, embrace uncertainty, explore their edge with curiosity and openness, accept what is in the present moment whilst focusing on gratitude, and most importantly, to believe in themselves.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- True Bar Level 1 Training: PURE Yoga Leslie Bender, 2017
- It's Yoga International Rocket IYI Advance Training (100 hours), 2017
- Wild Lotus Foundation Training: Patrick Creelman (200 hours), 2017
- Yin Yoga & Anatomy Immersion PURE Yoga William & Pankaj, 2016
- The Art of Adjustments II: Vadi Morales, 2016 (30 hours)
- Advance Hot Vinyasa Teacher Training Level 2&3: The Barkan Method (80 hours), 2016
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training: Ashtanga Yoga Mysore (200 hours), 2014
- Bikram Yoga Teacher Training (500 hours), 2011 & 2013