Teachers > Pravesh Kumar
Pravesh first stepped onto the mat under the guidance of Professor Prabir Karmakar and Mrs. Baishali Champati Karmakar at the Karmarkar Institute of Yoga in India with his childhood friend Arun. As a pre-teen, Pravesh had already developed an understanding of his body's mobility and would playfully walk on his hands, climb trees, and even jump off walls. During his early years of yoga practice, Pravesh entered over 100 competitions and won many championships. He participated for the first time in the World Yoga Championship in Rome, Italy in 2009, winning two gold and one bronze medals. As a young adult, he realised that yoga is far beyond just physical practice and developed an understanding and appreciation of practising mindfulness and breathing. The more he practised, the greater his realisation of how little he knew and how much more there was to learn — hence his thirst for continued learning and knowledge.
Pravesh was motivated to teach by his seniors and teammates. He is grateful to all the teachers who have helped him become who he is today, inspiring him to help and guide others towards the path to holistic well-being. He started teaching in India and gained his first overseas experience as a professional yoga teacher in Vietnam in 2012. His talent and passion for growth led him to Singapore in 2013 where he has remained since.
Pravesh approaches his classes with a sense of humour. His poses always have options for beginner to advanced students alike, motivating everyone towards a healthy practice. Apart from physical strength, flexibility, alignments and adjustments, he likes to take his students towards joy, peace and finding harmony with a healthy state of mind. He loves teaching challenging, creative classes in funny & friendly ways. He appreciates the healing elements of yoga and has a large repertoire of classes. He also favours an endurance-based yet artistic approach to practice to give his students a divine and complete experience of yoga.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, India, 2012
- 1-year Diploma Course in Yoga Therapy from Indian Yoga Culture & Meditation, 2012
- RYT 200 Yoga Alliance, Real Yoga, May 2015
- 30-hr Purna Yoga Teacher Training with Aadil Palkhivala, 2018
- 50-hr Yin Yoga and Anatomy Training Level 1, Real Yoga, 2018
- Asian Yoga Referee, Asian Yoga Federation, India, 2016
- Diploma in Asian Yoga Teacher, Asian Yoga Federation, India, 2017
- Myofascial Trigger Point Massage Course Module 2, Evolution fitness studio, 2016