Teachers > Laura Wood
In 1995, Laura walked into her first yoga class in Sydney, Australia. The warm memory of this experience still stays with her. Yoga was in and out of her life for many years with work, sport and travel taking a front seat. Years later in 2010, her yoga journey truly began. Faced with invasive surgery after three challenging pregnancies, Laura’s ability to move and get around was impeded and painful. With patience and determination, Laura dove into daily asana, rediscovering her freedom over time to be whole again in body and in spirit.
Day by day it unfolded to Laura that the true value of yoga practice lies not only in enhancing one’s physical being but in the beautiful, healing, joyful effect on one’s life off the mat – true peace of mind. Yoga is a way of life. This realisation proved the catalyst to study yoga and to share this restorative practice with others. For her, yoga has become a lifelong practice to learn and study from both her teachers and practitioners.
Laura’s sequences are creative and powerful, focusing on movement with breath and an emphasis on alignment. Her teaching goal is to motivate and guide others to become aware of and fulfil their own potential.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- 50-hour Yoga Therapy with Arun Rana, 2019
- 35-hour Advanced Strategies for Sequencing with Christina Sell, 2018
- 35-hour Yoga Intensive and Teacher Training with Christina Sell, 2018
- 28-hour Anatomy & Yoga Intensive, Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with Noah Maze, 2017
- 50-hour Hot Yoga Teacher Training with Copper Crow, 2016
- 200-hour Universal Yoga Teacher Training with Andrey Lappa and Copper Crow, 2016