Teachers > Edric Liew
After years of injury through weight ifting at the gym, Edric discovered yoga by accident after wandering into a yoga flow class one day. A musician by training, his journey towards fitness eventually morphed into a journey of self-discovery, prompting him to help others do the same and deepening his knowledge and understanding of the ancient art through his enrolment for teacher training at Yoga Inc. Edric has since attended several of yoga teacher Mark Robberds' month-long immersions in Bali, where he was inspired to incorporate the integration of alternative movement modalities to traditional yoga practice.
With his expertise in therapeutic sports massage and certification in FRS (Functional Range Systems), Edric's teaching approach to yoga is an eclectic fusion of non-dogmatic, science-based physical practices with the spirituality of the ancient art – though he favours the Ashtanga Mysore style in his self-practice.
Edric strongly believes that people should not take themselves too seriously and to always have fun in their practice. He remains forever grateful to the many teachers he has had all over the world for their generosity in sharing their knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- FRC Mobility Specialist (FRCms) — Functional Anatomy Seminars, 2020
- Functional Range Assessment Specialist (FRAs) — Functional Anatomy Seminars, 2020
- Sports Massage Therapist — EduFit Asia, 2020
- Mark Robberds Intensive — Bali, 2019
- Mark Robberds Intensive — Bali, 2018
- 50-hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training — Yoga Inc., 2017
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training — Yoga Inc., 2016