Starting 2020 Right: Mindfulness Yin Yoga with Chris Su
To register, kindly click on the "Register Now' button below, or email to email@example.com
About the Workshop
Session 1: Power of Self-love & Transformation (Yin Therapeutic Series)
10 January (Friday) 6:00pm to 9:00pm
This class will explore a deep healing lunar practice through a special technique of Yoga Nidra, setting intention, and meditation practice. This practice offers deep release of psychic, mental, emotional and physical tensions and creates a doorway to experiencing deeper states of consciousness. The session will include some theory, lecture,and a deep experience of relaxation and rejuvenation.
Session 2: Yin Yoga with Meridians Detox Series 1 (Pelvic)
11 January (Saturday) 9:00am to 1:00pm
In this session, you will experience the Yin Yoga practice with deep hip-opening series. According to yin yoga theory, many joint illnesses are due to tightening of the hips, which also causes the blockage of “prana/chi” in the body. Through this sequential practice, we will seek to achieve inner wisdom and awakening that will bring about heightened calmness and greater balance of energy flows throughout the body – thus, activating the meridians.
Session 3: Yin Yoga with Meridians Detox Series 2 (Shoulders, Neck and Spine)
11 January (Saturday) 2:00pm to 5:00pm
In this session, you will understand how Mindfulness Yin Yoga practice can bring about healing to the body by working on the meridians (detox series). Chris will also cover theoretical aspects of Qi, and Emotion vs Zhangfu (Internal Yin-Yang Organs).
By understanding and implementing the Meridian Theory and Practice, you will experience greater mobility, ease of movement, and release of bodily tensions and tightness around the lower back, neck, and shoulder areas.
Session 4: Yin Yang Chi Flow
12 January (Sunday) 9:00am to 1:00pm
This session will help you align your energy flow through a guided step-by-step posturing of the body. In doing so, the energy flow becomes smoother and will give you a sense of well-being. Chris will lead you through the proper techniques of breathing to balance the inner chi-flow and to remove any blockages in the body.
Full Workshop Series – Sessions 1-4
Pure Cardholders: S$340 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 22 Dec)
Non-Pure Cardholders: S$382 (Early-bird 10% Discount, register by 22 Dec)
Regular Pricing: S$425
Single Session – Choose any 1 Session
Pure Cardholders: S$118 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 22 Dec)
Non-Pure Cardholders: S$133 (Early-bird 20% Discount, register by 22 Dec)
Regular Pricing: S$148
About Chris Su
Chris Su started off with a musical background (A grade 8 in USA Piano and an Italian Bel-Canton Vocal Certification) and went on to win numerous singing competitions. Upon completing his education at the Limkokwing University, he decided to become a singer in Malaysia where he produced albums and did various overseas musical performances. At 25, he decided to change his lifestyle and went on a quest to India in search of life's greater purpose. He finally devoted his life to being a yoga practitioner and teacher – and is currently the pioneer Senior Mindfulness Yin Yoga Trainer in Malaysia. He is also the co-author of The Living Yoga with Mindfulness book,which was published in early 2019.
As his interest in Vipassana (or Insight Meditation) has developed, so too has his interest in more contemplative forms of yoga practice. With a professional background also in Chinese Medicine and personal passion for the dharma, Chris fell in love with Yin Yoga as a beautiful synthesis of these two interests, where he believes Yin Yoga is not only an external physical exercise, but also a development of one's inner self. He now represents Malaysia in sharing Mindfulness Yin Yoga across the globe via workshops, retreats, and teacher trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- E-RYT 500 (Yoga Alliance)
- Yin Yoga Training with Josh Summers & Sarah Powers
- Licensed Reiki & Sound Healing Therapist
Terms & Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
- Please note prices include 7% GST
Early-bird 20% Discount:
- Early-bird Discount ends 22 December 2019. Please see above for listed prices.
- Payment must be made 48 hours after registration, otherwise Pure Yoga reserves the right to release your mat to the next registrant waiting-in-line.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 22 December 2019.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Pure Yoga reserves the right to cancel the training as it sees fit, without any compensation made to the registrant other than refund of payment.
Special offer from Pure Apparel and nood:
- 20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 15% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- 20% off all smoothies and juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- $3.50 for any coffee or tea for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.