Refinement: Preparing to Teach with Tin Ming Part 1 (Round 2)
3-30 April Peninsula Office Tower – Tsim Sha Tsui
This in-depth 15-day programme is designed for yoga teachers and serious students. It provides foundational skills necessary for a safe and effective yoga practice including assessment skills from the perspective of structure and function, posture alignment, breath, subtle energy and the principles of Ayurveda. Taking the benefits from a variety of styles and props – ranging from healing restorative practice to dynamic vinyasa practices – the course focuses on guiding participants to experience all asanas more deeply. By substantiating critical skills and knowledge to specific postures, the course materials inspire yoga teachers to find their own voice for giving clearer and more effective verbal instructions. The course materials also provide knowledge in using props for designing one-on-one private sessions.
At the end of the course, students will:
• Demonstrate assessment skills (including structural and functional assessment, basic Ayurvedic constitution and imbalances assessment) for students or for themselves
• Demonstrate ability to create and evaluate individualised yoga practices using a variety of props (belts, blankets, blocks, bolsters, chairs, wall ropes and massage balls)
• Demonstrate a deeper understanding of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
• Know how Yoga and Ayurveda work together to promote well-being of body, mind, and spirit
• Demonstrate an understanding of the breadth of Yoga teachings (asanas, meditation, pranayama, diet, yoga philosophy, and more), and how they can be used to help one’s practice
• Demonstrate understanding of the importance of the power of the mind -- the use of affirmations, visualisations, and mantra
Yoga Alliance Accredited School
Pure Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Our teacher training programmes and teachers are internationally accredited, have exclusive recognition and qualify for the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Certification.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training programmes in the U.S and globally. Graduates of our programme are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
We offer this training in an effort to grow our community of committed yoga practitioners, empowering those who demonstrate dedication to a personal practice, by sharing the knowledge, skills and tools we have learned so they too can start teaching yoga.
We intend to guide trainees toward a healthy self-confidence, while at the same time invoking in them a sense of humility and excitement, knowing that they are at the beginning of a long journey.
3, 17, 24 April (evenings); 10 April (full day)
Being a good teacher is not about doing the perfect, most difficult pose. It is about having good energy and being passionate and sharing what you know with others. It is about knowledge and authenticity and being of service.
In this session you will:
Gain practical client assessment skills (including structural and functional assessment, basic Ayurvedic constitution assessment)
Learn to sequence individualised yoga practices using a variety of props (belts, blankets, blocks, bolsters, chairs, wall ropes and massage balls)
Learn to refine the structure and contents of verbal cues
Learn to assist and adjust people in asanas
Techniques, Training & Practice
4, 11, 13, 18, 25 April
Experience the essence of yoga asanas by learning progressive steps using various props – belt, block, bolster, chair and wall rope – based on anatomical principles and muscular efforts, reinforcing the connection between mind and body, and using the body as a tool for getting into the present moment.
Each body is different and requires individual effort. There is no one-size-fits-all alignment or pose. Approaching yoga asanas with reference to the Ayurvedic principles, the discussions lead participants to make wise choices about props and modifications, and teach them to work hard, stay present and surrender to the process, rather than focusing on the end result.
In this session you will:
Learn to practise asanas using a variety of props (belt, blanket, block, bolster, chair, wall rope and massage ball) according to the principles of alignment
Discover how Yoga and Ayurveda work together to promote well-being of body, mind, and spirit
Deepen your understanding of the breadth of Yoga teachings (asanas, meditation, pranayama, diet, yoga philosophy, intuition, lifestyle, and more), and how they can be used to help one’s yoga practice
Anatomy & Physiology
5, 12, 19, 26, 30 April
Deeply understanding the anatomy and movement principles of the body is an invaluable tool for yoga teachers and serious students. Not only does it help your teaching, it also enriches your own practice. In this practical session you will experience the below anatomical and kinesiological principles in asana practice:
Structure Below the Skin: Bones, Joints and Nerves
Muscular Movements in relation to the Force of Gravity
Upper Limbs (Neck, Shoulder and Back)
Lower Limbs (Hip and Leg)
Arm, Wrist and Hand; Ankle and Foot
Limited capacity: 14
Friday, 3, 17, 24 April
Sunday, 5,12,19,26 April
Saturday, Sunday & Public holiday: 9:00am – 11:30pm & 1:00pm – 6:00pm
Total Course Hours: 100
Super Early-Bird Price:
Photos and video may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
• Full payment must be made upon registration.
• To register, please see any Pure Yoga reception.
• No refunds for cancellation starting from 1 February 2020.
• All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food:
· 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the training.
Special offer from Pure Apparel:
· 20% off all Pure Apparel regular-priced products including accessories for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*If there is any discrepancy between the printed and web versions, the web version shall prevail.