PURE Air – Freedom and Light with TT Ho
Aerial Yoga helps practitioners to increase flexibility, develop strength and experience deep, full breathing. Working with gravity, students re-align and relax the body, enhance awareness and uplift the spirit.
Discovering how to work with the hammock as a teaching prop allows students to explore, refine and advance the asana practice. The hammock makes traditional asanas easier; simultaneously, the practice becomes deeper and more achievable as the weight of the body is either partially or fully supported by the fabric (hammock). Students can challenge themselves whilst also restoring, repairing and relaxing.
You will understand the benefits of working with the hammock – how it facilitates proper body alignment and physical release in different body parts. You will also learn how to create a fluid aerial yoga class and how to safely teach aerial yoga to others.
Completion of this course guarantees a certificate. You should feel confident in integrating the hammock into your teaching style and self-practice. It is recommended that graduates also enrol in a three-month mentorship programme to better equip themselves to teach comfortably and confidently.
Yoga Alliance Accredited School
Pure Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Our teacher training programmes and teachers are internationally accredited, have exclusive recognition and qualify for the 200-hr & 300-hr Yoga Alliance Certification.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training programmes in the U.S. and globally. Graduates of our programme are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
We offer this training in an effort to grow our community of committed yoga practitioners, empowering those who demonstrate dedication to a personal practice, by sharing the knowledge, skills and tools we have learned so they too can start teaching yoga.
We intend to guide trainees toward a healthy self-confidence, while at the same time invoking in them a sense of humility and excitement, knowing that they are at the beginning of a long journey.
Pure Air – Freedom and Light
200 Hours Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training Programme
I. Techniques, Training and Practice
Pranayama and Subtle Body
II. Anatomy and Physiology
III. Yoga Humanities
IV. Professional Essentials
History and Development of Aerial Yoga
Anatomy and Physiology
Students are expected to practise aerial yoga and undertake mat practices consistently in order to appreciate the benefits and differences.
Limit 13 students
Part 1: 15 May – 13 June
8:45am - Group discussion
10:00am - Group practice
12:00pm - Posture clinic
1:00pm - Lunch
2:00pm - Lecture
3:00pm - Posture clinic
5:30pm - Practicum
6:30pm - Close
Full Training & CET 50
Light on Life – BKS Iyengar
Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff
Bhagavad Gita (any version)
Yoga Sutras of Patañjali (any version)
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice, as well as the support of the student's primary support network.
· RYT-200 or higher certification
· A deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
· A coachable attitude
· Commitment, including 100% attendance to asana practices
· A short explanation of the objective of attending this training
Confirmation of being free of injuries and contraindications as indicated in PURE’s aerial yoga practice disclaimer
A Chartered Accountant by training, TT was introduced to Yoga when PURE Yoga first opened in 2002, initially focusing on hot yoga. Over the years, he has practised and trained in various styles – from hatha, power vinyasa and ashtanga to yin yang, acro yoga and aerial yoga – under different masters. TT’s practice has evolved from a physical practice to a holistic approach.
Inspired by his teachers Patrick Creelman and Wendy Wyvill amongst many others, TT undertook his first teacher training in the US with Baron Baptiste in 2009. The training was transformational and stressed authenticity. He then furthered his studies with Master Yogananth Andiappan, deepening his knowledge and practice in the yoga tradition. After acquiring 500 hours’ training with Master Yogananth, he was motivated to pursue a Master of Science degree in yoga & naturopathy. TT continues his lifelong journey in yoga, recently building his expertise in aerial yoga.
Through teaching yoga, TT hopes to spread its benefits and philosophy to a wider community. As Managing Editor of Asana, he is instrumental in introducing yoga masters to all and connecting with the international yoga community on yoga and related subjects. TT emphasises non-competition and compassion. His classes can be challenging at times, but students will leave feeling refreshed and energised.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
· E-RYT 500, Yoga Alliance
· Yoga Trapeze Teacher Training [Barcelona] 2019
· Chakra Aerial Yoga Levels 1, 2 & 3 Teacher Training [UK], 2015 & 2016
· Swing Yoga Teacher Training [Dubai], 2016
· Aerial Yoga Teacher Training [Indonesia], 2016
· Gravotonics Yoga Swing Training [Indonesia], 2015
· AntiGravity Restorative Yoga [Thailand], 2014
· AntiGravity Fundamentals 1 & 2 [Ireland], 2014
· Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Practice Teacher Training Course with Manju Pattabhi Jois [UK], 2013
· MSc Yoga & Naturopathy, Manonamaniam Soudaranar University – First Class [Hong Kong/India], 2010-12
· David Swenson – 40-Hour Primary Series Training Immersion [Hong Kong], 2011
· Baron Baptiste Levels 1 & 2 Teacher Training Bootcamp [USA], 2009 & 2010
· Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Levels 1, 2 & 3 [Hong Kong], 2009 & 2010
· 200-hours Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course (in conjunction and accredited by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, India) [Hong Kong], 2009
· AcroYoga Immersion Training [Hong Kong], 2009
· Patrick Creelman: The Seat of the Teacher [Hong Kong], 2007
Part 1: PURE Air – Freedom and Light
15 May – 13 June
Peninsula Office Tower
Part 2: CET-50
10 July – 1 August
Langham Place Office Tower
Photos and video may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food
· $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on workshop dates. Ask nood food staff at your workshop location for details.
· 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will I be able to teach right after I graduate from this programme?
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions