Deepen Your Awakening: 300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course with Amarjit Kumar 2023
This 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training course is an intensive programme designed to deepen your existing knowledge and foundations of yoga and to carry you further along your journey as a yoga teacher. You must have already completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course to enrol in this course.
Major attention will be given to the principles, technical aspects, and structural components of every level and type of yoga classes. You will expand your knowledge of the asanas while refining your teaching of correct alignment and adjustment.
After programme completion, you can become a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher (RYT 500) with Yoga Alliance.
Your journey is as much about deepening your own practice and individuality as it is about gaining the skill to teach others. We strongly encourage you to bring your own creativity, intuitions and spiritual experiences into your teaching style.
This Course is for You…
• If you are a yoga teacher and want to take your teaching skills to the next level
• If you want to refresh your knowledge, practise hands-on adjustment and enhance your teaching skills in a focused, committed learning environment with professional and dedicated teachers and students
• If you want to take some time for yourself and enjoy being a student again – studying in a fun, encouraging, and supportive environment
• If you want to enhance your credibility and increase your visibility as a well-trained yoga teacher shaping yoga worldwide and expanding your network
• If you want added benefits with Yoga Alliance by becoming a RYT-500 teacher
Yoga Alliance Accredited School
Pure Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Our teacher training programmes and teachers are internationally accredited, have exclusive recognition and qualify for the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Certification.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training programmes in the U.S. and globally. Graduates of our programme are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
We offer this training in an effort to grow our community of committed yoga practitioners, empowering those who demonstrate dedication to a personal practice, by sharing the knowledge, skills and tools we have learned so they too can start teaching yoga.
We intend to guide trainees toward a healthy self-confidence, while at the same time invoking in them a sense of humility and excitement, knowing that they are at the beginning of a long journey.
For enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The teacher training course is comprised of 10 Modules that provide a comprehensive understanding of Yoga and Meditation, the interconnectedness of body and mind, and the positive effects of Yoga in our daily life.
1. Asana (Advanced Level)
• Asana Categories: According to Spine Movement
• Advanced Variation of Postures
• Use of Props & Modifications for Postures
• Asana Alignment Techniques & Verbal Adjustments
• Advanced Asana Physical Adjustment Techniques
• Personal Practice, Teaching Series & Class Sequencing Techniques
• Vinyasa (intermediate to advanced level) practice every morning
• Yin, restorative and other styles of asana practice a few times during the course
• Regular student teaching practice and feedback from teacher and classmates
• Use of props such as blocks, bolsters, straps, blankets and walls for your own yoga practice
2. Yoga Philosophy, Ethical Teaching and Subtle Energy
• Hatha Yoga Pradipika
• Sankhya Philosophy
• The Vedas, The Upanishads
• The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali (Chapters 1-4)
• The Ramayana, The Mahabharata, The Bhagavad Gita
• The five elements, Prana and Vayus
• The three Gunas and three Doshas
• Mudras and Bandhas
• Nadis, Five Koshas and Chakras
• Mudras and how to centre and redirect Energy loss
• Bandhas to assist your Pranayama and Asana Practice
3. The Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
• Cells and Metabolism
• The Endocrine System
• Respiratory System
• Digestion and Excretion
• Reproductive System
• The Nervous System
• The Skeletal and Muscular Systems
• The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
• Anatomy of Human Body and Common Asanas
• Anatomical Patterns in Inversion Asanas
4. Yoga Nutrition and Ayurveda*
• Healing effects of fasting
• How diet affects the mind
• Ayurvedic principles of nutrition
• Proper balance of the main nutrients
• Sattvic, Tamsic and Rajsic diets and their effect on your body
• Vegetarianism for ethical, spiritual and health reasons
• History of Ayurveda and Basic Principles of Ayurveda
• Anatomy in Ayurveda (Sharir Rachana)
• Concept of Tridosha
• Prakruti / Constitution and Ayurveda Clock
• Dincharya, Ritucharya, Aharcharya
• 7 Dhatus, body issues and importance
• 3 Malas, Wastes and its importance
• Spices in daily use & general herbs of Ayurveda
*Ayurveda is a holistic lifestyle practice to improve physical, mental and spiritual health
5. Advanced Pranayama, Meditation and Mantra
• Ganesha Mantra
• Laxmi Mantra
• Lord Shiva Mantra
• Surya Namaskara Yoga Mantra
• Shanti Mantra - Om Asato Ma Sadgamya
• Shanti Mantra - Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah
• Guided & Self-Enquiry Meditation
• Nadi Shodhana Pranayama (psychic network purification)
• Alternate nostril breathing
• Importance of “Ratio and Timing’ in alternate nostril breathing
• Kumbhaka – Form of Breath Hold
• Antar Kumbhaka and Bahir Kumbhaka (internal and external retention)
• Yoga Nidra (yogic/psychic sleep), Antar Yatra (inner journey), Sakriya Dhyan (Dynamic)
• Agnisar Kriya (Activating the digestive fire)
• Shankhaprakshalana (Washing of the intestines)
• Vastra Dhauti (Cleansing & purifying the upper digestive tract)
• Madhyama Nauli, Vama Nauli and Dakshina Nauli (Abdominal massage)
• Trataka (Concentrated gazing)
7. Be an expert Yoga Teacher
• Classroom Management
• Teacher Communication Skill
• Lesson Design and Planning of Intermediate and Advanced classes
• Assist trainees to build their confidence around classroom management
• Communication skills and techniques including public speaking workshop
8. Sequence Workshop
• Yoga Therapy
• Mindful Stretching
• Wheel Yoga
• Traditional vs Modern Practice
• Basic vs Advanced
9. Asana Indexes in Sanskrit and English
• How to read Devnagiri Script (Sanskrit)
• Posture’s name in Sanskrit and English
• Basic vocabulary, names and meaning of Asanas, and Mantras in Sanskrit
10. Assignments and Practicum
Total 28 days
9:00-11:00 Intensive Practice
11:00-13:00 Lecture, Iterative practice
14:00-15:00 Yoga Nidra/Antar Yatra/Sakriya Dhyan
15:00-16:00 Lecture & Discussion
16:00-19:00 Teaching, methods, sharing
18:00-19:00 Self-Study/ Teaching Practice
*There will be a lunch break as well as several short breaks throughout the day.
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice as well as the support of the student's primary support network. We emphasise that this programme may not be for everyone.
Interested students must:
• Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
• Have graduated from a 200-hour teacher training with at least one year of teaching experience
• Be free of major injuries going into the programme
• Have a coachable attitude
• Be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required
• Be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the programme
Upon completion, this training will qualify you to register with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level.
Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff
Bhagavad Gita (any version)
Yoga Sutras of Patañjali (any version)
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Amarjit began his Yoga journey at the age of 10 and has since accumulated in-depth knowledge and practical experiences in yoga practice. In his pursuit of yogic excellence, he started studying authentic Yoga as a youth and devoted himself to its continuous practice both in spirit and in form. He has been recognised for his talent and has won numerous national and provincial yoga championships in India.
Under the guidance of his teacher Prabir Karmakar in yoga training and having been deeply inspired by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati at the Bihar School of Yoga, Amarjit wanted to impart and share his inner feelings of yoga with more people around the world. He first began his yoga teaching career in 2002 in India, later moving to Bangkok in 2005 and then Hong Kong since 2007. He displays his passion for yoga philosophy as a way of life and translates the traditional essence and concepts of Yoga into practical application and body-mind enhancement in today’s world.
Amarjit believes that perfection comes from keen awareness and genuine practice. His classes will allow you to learn more about your body as well as to develop self-confidence with mental balance and stability. His focus is on the harmonious flow of body, breath and mind – to co-ordinate bodily movements and postures with proper breathing as well as physical alignment in a systematic and scientific way, resulting in blissful moments for practitioners of all levels.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree in Yoga, TGO University, India, 2017
• Certified Teacher, AYM, India (200 hours), 2017
• Referee- Asian Yoga Federation (Asian Yoga Championship), 2016 – present
• Certificate in Sports Science and Fitness Foundation, AASFP, Hong Kong, 2015
• Secretary, Hong Kong Yogathon (Int’l) Co. Ltd., 2015 – present
• Secretary, Yoga Federation of Hong Kong, 2015 – present
• Certified Teacher (Satyananda Yoga), Bihar School of Yoga, 2008
• Diploma in Yoga Therapy, Ghosh’s Yoga College, Kolkata, India, 2003
• Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher, Karmakar Institute of Yoga, India, 2003
Super Early-Bird Prices:
Full Morning Intensive
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Please complete an online application form or email us to apply. You will be notified by email within 3-5 days of its approval along with a Welcome Letter outlining payment procedures and further details. Application is NOT required for Morning Intensives. Please register at studio reception.
· No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 2 February 2023.
· Valid refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
This programme requires a minimum of 15 students
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food
• HK$200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on training dates. Ask nood food staff at your event location for details.
• 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the training.
Contact & Enquiries
For enquiries, please email email@example.com.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions