Introduction to Ashtanga with Edric Liew
You do not have to be a PURE Yoga cardholder to join!
To register, kindly click on the "Register Now' button below, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Workshop
This workshop is designed for students who want to learn more about the Ashtanga yoga system taught by Sri K. Pathabhi Jois.
It is targeted for students who want to start a Mysore-style practice or join a counted led class but find those classes intimidating, or for seasoned practitioners that want to deepen their practice.
Ashtanga yoga is a highly structured vinyasa-style class where every student is taught each pose sequentially and each breath is linked to a particular movement.
This workshop is broken up into 4 sessions, each with a different focus to allow participants to fully internalise the information taught and for ease of completion.
Summary of Benefits:
This programme offers a detailed breakdown of the Ashtanga half primary series and prepare them for Ashtanga 1 & 2 or a Mysore-style class.
Each posture will be taught with a particular focus on the proper Vinyasa count and alignment.
Modifications will be provided to make each Asana accessible for all.
- Sun Salutation A & B
- Standing postures
- Seated postures
- Proper Vinyasa count
- Transitions between postures
- Correct breathing (breathing with sound)
- Energetic locks (Bandhas)
- Gazing/Concentration points (Drishti)
*This workshop is suitable for all levels of practitioners
Schedule & Description
Session 1: Sun Salutations and the Breath
22 January 2022 (Saturday), 9am – 11am
- Orientation:What is Ashtanga yoga
- Breathing with sound and why is it important
- Breaking down Sun Salutation A & B
- Sanskrit counting for Sun Salutation A & B
Session 2: Standing Strong
22 January 2022 (Saturday), 12pm – 2pm
- LedPractice: Sun Salutation A & B
- Breaking down of Standing poses
- Sanskrit counting and names of Standing poses
Session 3: Connecting with the Earth
23 January 2022 (Sunday), 9am – 11am
- Practice: Sun Salutations + Standing postures
- Breaking down of Seated poses to Navasana
- Sanskrit names of Seated poses
Session 4: Float with Confidence
23 January 2022 (Sunday), 12pm – 2pm
- Breaking down the transition from Utkatasana and Virabhadrasana B
- Drill practice to improve jump back and through In the seated postures
- Breaking down of finishing sequence
Early-Bird 20% Discount
Early-Bird 10% Discount
*All Early-Bird Discounts end 25 December 2021
Terms & Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Early-Bird 20% Discount
Early-Bird Price: Application sent in on or before 25 December 2021
Regular Price: Application sent in starting 26 December 2021
· No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 25 December 2021
· All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Special offer from PURE Apparel and nood food:
· 15% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the training.
· 20% off all smoothies and juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the training.
· $3.50 for any coffee or tea for all yoga event registrants on dates of the training.
· 20% off all full-priced items (excluding accessories) at PURE Apparel for all yoga event registrants on dates of the training.
*If there is any discrepancy between the printed and web versions, the web version shall prevail.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions