Fundamentals of Classical Asanas & Breathwork with Nirupan
Yoga-Alliance Accredited Continuing Education Training
About the Programme
This comprehensive 16-hour programme is targeted at practitioners who want to solidify their foundations in classical asanas and pranayama.
We will delve deep into the history, concepts, techniques, and science of these asanas, and in the process, explore how one can overcome unique limits in your personal practice.
- Posture and alignment in asana practice
- Concepts on three planes of motion
- Understanding the internal and external rotation of our legs and arms
- Twisting and back-bending asanas
- Basic concept and review of the classical asanas
- Understanding the fundamentals of pranayama and how it can help to improve an individual lifestyle
- Five fundamental principles of yoga practice and how to implement into your personal practice
Suitable for all levels of practitioners.
Schedule & Description
3 & 4, 10 & 11 September 2022
Saturdays & Sundays only
9am to 1pm daily
Session 1: 3 September (Saturday), 9am to 1pm
- Preparatory movements and loosening practices for upper limbs
- Understanding the basics of and significance of twisting asanas
- How to find proper alignment in yoga postures and prevent injuries
- Effective techniques to release muscular tension and build spine mobility (twisting asanas)
- Modifications for common asanas to improve your yoga practice and work for your body's needs
Session 2: 4 September (Sunday), 9am to 1pm
- Continuation of topics fromSession 1
- Importance of breathing in yogic practices
- Understanding the fundamentals of pranayama to build focus and soothe the nervous system
- Practising the basic pranayama
- Deep relaxation and breathing techniques
Session 3: 10 September (Saturday), 9am to 1pm
- Recap of Sessions 1&2
- Loosening practices for spine flexibility and hub stability
- Preparation for classical back-bending asanas
- Importance of back-bending asanas and blood circulation to the entire body's functions
Session 4: 11 September (Sunday), 9am to 1pm
- Build core strength for basic inverted asanas
- Introducing twisting and backbendsin basic inverted postures
- Recap of pranayama and practice
- Deep relaxation techniques (elevation of gravity)
16 Hours in total
$488 PURE Cardholders Early-Bird 20% Discount
$550 Non-PURE Cardholders Early-Bird 10% Discount
$610 Regular Price
Choose any 2 sessions
$288 PURE Cardholders Early-Bird 20% Discount
$324 Non-PURE Cardholders Early-Bird 10% Discount
$360 Regular Price
*All Early-Bird Discounts end 5 August 2022.
Terms & Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
- Early-Bird Price: Application sent in on or before 5 August 2022.
- Regular Price: Application sent in starting 6 August 2022.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 5 August 2022.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Special offer from nood food:
- $1.00 off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- $2.00 off all smoothies and juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
- $1.00 for any coffee or tea for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
*If there is any discrepancy between the printed and web versions, the web version shall prevail.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions