30-Hour Applied Anatomy of Asanas CET with Nirupan
About the Programme
As a student or teacher of yoga, having the right knowledge of anatomy – as well as possessing the right skillsets in applying this knowledge – can help facilitate a safer and more enriching practice, empowering you with greater confidence in your yoga journey.
This programme will offer a welcoming and encouraging environment with the following areas of focus:
- Fundamentals of Biomechanics of Asanas (postures)
- Understanding Skeletal System, Muscular System as used in Asanas
- Joint movement, mobility in achieving postural alignment
- Classical Asanas and Breathing Mechanisms
- Applying learnt knowledge to daily practice of yoga
- Pursuing a deeper practice that addresses imbalances in body types and individual strengths
- Minimising and preventing injuries
Open to all levels.
Schedule & Description
25-27 Aug & 1-3 Sep 2023
Fridays – Sundays, 9am – 3pm daily
6 sessions total
- Understanding why Anatomy is so important in yogic practices
- Anatomical movements of the body
- Major joints, Muscles, Bones of the body and in relation to yoga practice
- Three anatomical planes
- Biomechanics and Physiology of Standing Asanas
- Asana in three anatomical planes
- Effective techniques to release muscular tension and build strength in your practice
- Muscles in action in essential yoga poses and classical asanas
- Strengthen and stretch muscle fibres using the classical asanas
- Deep relaxation techniques to calm body and mind
- The structure, composition and function of the spine
- Understanding the importanceof back bends
- Biomechanics and functions of Back bending asanas
- Safety considerations & variations
- Classical inversion poses in relation to circulatory system
- Preparatory movements for inversion
- Biomechanics and functions of inversion asanas
- Modifications for common postures to make yoga practice work for your body
- Concept of Respiratory system and pranayama
- Significance of yogic breathing
- Understanding The Nadis (energy channels) in the human body
- Deep Relaxation
Early-Bird (20%) $720
Regular Price $900
*30% off Regular Price for past PURE teacher Training / CET students.
Terms & Conditions
Photos and video may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
- Early-Bird Price: Application sent in on or before 15 July 2023.
- Regular Price: Application sent in starting 16 July 2023.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 15 July 2023.
- All refunds are subject to a 15% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
*If there is any discrepancy between the printed and web versions, the web version shall prevail.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions