PURE Air – Freedom and Light with TT Ho
Aerial Yoga helps practitioners to increase flexibility, develop strength, and experience deep, full breathing. Working with gravity, students re-align and relax the body, enhance awareness and uplift the spirit.
Discovering how to work with the hammock as a teaching prop allows students to explore, refine and advance the asana practice. The hammock makes traditional asanas easier; simultaneously, the practice becomes deeper and more achievable as the weight of the body is either partially or fully supported by the fabric (hammock). Students can challenge themselves whilst also restoring, repairing and relaxing.
You will understand the benefits of working with the hammock – how it facilitates proper body alignment and physical release in different body parts. You will also learn how to create a fluid aerial yoga class and how to safely teach aerial yoga to others.
Completion of this course guarantees a certificate. You should feel confident in integrating the hammock into your teaching style and self-practice. It is recommended that graduates also enrol in a three-month mentorship programme to better equip themselves to teach comfortably and confidently.
Yoga Alliance Accredited School
PURE Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Our teacher training programmes and teachers are internationally accredited, have exclusive recognition and qualify for the 200-hr & 300-hr Yoga Alliance Certification.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training programmes in the U.S. and globally. Graduates of our programme are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
We offer this training in an effort to grow our community of committed yoga practitioners, empowering those who demonstrate dedication to a personal practice, by sharing the knowledge, skills and tools we have learned so they too can start teaching yoga.
We intend to guide trainees toward healthy self-confidence, while at the same time invoking in them a sense of humility and excitement, knowing that they are at the beginning of a long journey.
History and Development of Aerial Yoga
Anatomy and Physiology
• Skeletal system, muscular system, and bio-mechanical intelligence of the body
• The spine and common conditions and injuries
• Health considerations
• Practice etiquette
• In-depth study of asanas: incorporating the use of an aerial hammock into the understanding of yoga practice
• Understanding of safety measures – positioning for asanas, and guidance in and out of postures
• Chakra system and aerial yoga
• Leading a class
• Dialogue for effective teaching
• Art of demonstrations
• Art and science of sequencing varying levels
Students are expected to practise aerial yoga and undertake mat practices consistently in order to appreciate the benefits and differences.
Limited to 11 students.
22, 23, 29, 30 July (Sat & Sun) 9:00am-6:00pm
5, 6 August (Sat & Sun) 9:00am-6:00pm
Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff
Bhagavad Gita (any version)
Yoga Sutras of Patañjali (any version)
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice, as well as the support of the student's primary support network.
A Chartered Accountant by training, TT was introduced to Yoga when Pure Yoga first opened in 2002, initially focusing on hot yoga. Over the years, he has practised and trained in various styles – from hatha, power vinyasa and ashtanga to yin yang, AcroYoga and aerial yoga – under different masters. TT’s practice has evolved from a physical practice to a holistic approach.
Inspired by his teachers Patrick Creelman and Wendy Wyvill amongst many others, TT undertook his first teacher training in the US with Baron Baptiste in 2009. The training was transformational and stressed authenticity. He then furthered his studies with Master Yogananth Andiappan, deepening his knowledge and practice in the yoga tradition. After acquiring 500 hours’ training with Master Yogananth, he was motivated to pursue a Master of Science degree in yoga & naturopathy. TT continues his lifelong journey in yoga, recently building his expertise in aerial yoga.
Through teaching yoga, TT hopes to spread its benefits and philosophy to a wider community. As Managing Editor of Asana, he is instrumental in introducing yoga masters to all and connecting with the international yoga community on yoga and related subjects. TT emphasises non-competition and compassion. His classes can be challenging at times, but students will leave feeling refreshed and energised.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- E-RYT 500, YACEP, Yoga Alliance
- MSc Yoga & Naturopathy, Manonamaniam Soudaranar University – First Class [Hong Kong/India], 2010-12
- Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Levels 1 and 2 [Indonesia], 2016 & 2019
- Yoga Trapeze Teacher Training [Barcelona], 2019
- Chakra Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Levels 1, 2 & 3 [UK], 2015 & 2016
- Swing Yoga Teacher Training [Dubai], 2016
- Gravotonics Yoga Swing Training [Indonesia], 2015
- AntiGravity Restorative Yoga [Thailand], 2014
- AntiGravity Fundamentals 1 & 2 [Ireland], 2014
- Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Practice Teacher Training Course with Manju Pattabhi Jois [UK], 2013
- David Swenson – 40-Hour Primary Series Training Immersion [Hong Kong], 2011
- Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Levels 1, 2 & 3 [Hong Kong], 2009 & 2010
- 200-hours Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course (in conjunction and accredited by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, India) [Hong Kong], 2009
- Patrick Creelman: The Seat of the Teacher [Hong Kong], 2007
- TRX Suspension Training [Hong Kong], 2022
- TRX Yoga Foundations – Instructor Training [Hong Kong], 2021
- TRX Group Suspension Training [Hong Kong], 2014
- Baron Baptiste Levels 1 & 2 Teacher Training Bootcamp [USA], 2009 & 2010
- AcroYoga Immersion Training [Hong Kong], 2009
PURE Air – Freedom and Light with TT Ho
22 July–6 August
Total of 50 Hours
Super Early Bird: HK$9,500 (ends 28 May)
(PURE Cardholders) Early-Bird 20% Discount: HK$10,200 (ends 25 June)
(Non-PURE Cardholders) Early-Bird 10% Discount: HK$11,475 (ends 25 June)
Regular Price: HK$12,750
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Super Early-Bird Price: Applications to be sent on or before 28 May 2023.
Early-Bird Price: Applications to be sent on or before 25 June 2023.
Regular Price: Applications can be sent starting from 26 June 2023.
· No refund or credit will be given for cancellations starting 26 June 2023.
· All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
· All applications for refund (medical & emergency reasons) must be made within 3 days after the event finishes.
Special offer from nood food
- 10% off for all nood smoothies
- $5 off for all nood cold-pressed juices
Special offer from KURIOS
• 10% off all KURIOS regular-priced products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
For enquiries, please email events@PURE-yoga.com
Waiver of Liability
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions