PURE Safari Yoga Retreat in South Africa with Priscilla Van Rooyen
Connect with Nature in a Private Wildlife Reserve.
Dreaming of an adventure in Africa? Want to get up close and personal with nature? Join Priscilla as she takes you to her home country of South Africa to spend time in the bushes searching for wildlife in a private wildlife nature reserve bordering the Kruger National Park!
Priscilla has spent countless summer and winter vacations as a child, learning to track animals and look for “The Big Five”: Elephants, Rhinoceros, Buffalos, Lions, Leopards. Learn to spot and follow animal tracks or calls in the dirt from the safety of our private safari jeep or on a walking safari with trained guides. We will have the whole campgrounds to ourselves during this retreat.
Expect an amazing glamping experience of sleeping in beautiful tents with hotel-style accommodation. We will enjoy our meals on the verandah, looking out at the natural surrounding us 360 degrees. Imagine having your yoga class here, so connected to the trees, birds and animals around us! Free time can be spent anywhere on our campgrounds or by our private pool.
For one day, we will take a break from the safari and go explore more of South Africa, in the state of Mpumulanga, where Priscilla grew up! A trip taking the Panorama Route will be organised, it explores the Mpumalanga highlands or the north-eastern section of the Great Escarpment of the Drakensberg, including the breath-taking “God’s Window” which has inspired many painters and artists!
Students can take advantage of a safari and yoga trip with experienced guides in a safe environment. Together, we will learn how interconnected we are to nature and to disconnect from nature is to disconnect from ourselves. We will spend time daily meditating and integrating our day around the campfire. We will learn about projects in South Africa that support the local communities and by participating in this trip, each student is showing to the South African government how important it is to preserve the wildlife from animal poaching so that future generations can enjoy wild nature as it is and to protect the fauna and flora of Africa.
The yoga clause and programme at Sausage Tree Safari Camp, South Africa (the “Resort”) are organised by Pure (Travel) Limited (“Pure”), and all travel arrangements, reservations ticketing, package payments are made for and on your behalf by Excella Travel (HK) Limited (Agent License No. 351074) (“Excella Travel”).
The Olifants River flows all year round through the reserve with healthy populations of hippos and crocodiles, as well as a huge diversity of bird species including the elusive Pels Fishing Owl.
Tentative Daily Schedule
Check in is available from noon on the first day (19th October)
5:30am Depart for morning game drive including coffee break
1:00pm Yoga session
4:15pm Tea & home baked cookies
4:30pm Depart for afternoon game drive & sundowners
Depending on the day’s activities, yoga sessions might be once or twice a day.
Last day check out after morning drive and breakfast around 10:00am
PANORAMA DAY TOUR:
7:00am Depart from lodge
Includes: Entrance fee per person, return transfers from and to Sausage Tree, packed breakfast from the lodge, lunch, services of a professional tour guide and touring in a luxury air-conditioned vehicle.
Arrive back at lodge either late afternoon or early evening.
- 5 nights’ full-board accommodation, taxes and service charges
- Round-trip airport transfer to and from Hoedspruit Airport
- All yoga fees
- Panorama Day Tour
PACKAGE PRICES WITHOUT AIRFARE:
All prices below are per person for 19-24 October (5 nights/6 days)
Shared Glamourous Tent
Early-bird Offer (ends 15 July): HK$23,500
Regular Price: HK$25,000
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Early-Bird 10% Discount:
· Last day for the Early-Bird Discount is 15 July 2023.
· No refund or credit will be issued for cancellations starting 16 July 2023.
· A 15% administration fee of the package price applies to all refunds or cancellations.
This programme requires a minimum of 10 students.
We advise participants to book flights after the minimum number has been met.
Visa Entry & Requirements:
· Please comply with all visa and health requirements of South Africa.
· PURE is not liable for any illnesses, delays or costs resulting from your failure to meet these requirements.
· Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the day you arrive in South Africa.
· Travel visas are not required for Hong Kong nationals for 30 days or less. For all others and more information, please visit: http://www.sacg.hk/SA-Visas/index.php
· Kindly check the most updated safety measures in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic for international arrivals.
· Travel insurance is not included in the package, therefore we highly urge you to arrange your own travel insurance.
Contact & Enquiries:
· For enquiries or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions